Knowl. Managt. Aquatic Ecosyst.
Number 394-395, 2009Regional European Crayfish Workshop: Future of Native Crayfish in Europe
|Number of page(s)||9|
|Published online||17 March 2010|
- Alonso F., Temino C. andDiéguez-Uribeondo J., 2000. Status of the white-clawed crayfish, Austropotamobius pallipes (Lereboullet, 1858), in Spain: distribution and legislation. Bull. Fr. Pêche Piscic., 356, 31–53. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [Google Scholar]
- Commission of the European Communities, 2008. Towards an EU Strategy on Invasive Species – Impact Assessment. Annex to the Communication from the Commission to The Council, the European Parliament, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions SEC (2008) 2287, 3rd December 2008. Commission of the European Communities, Brussels, Belgium, http://ec.europa.eu/environment/nature/invasivealien/index_en.htm [accessed 10/01/09]. [Google Scholar]
- Council of the European Union, 2009. A mid-term assessment of implementing the EU Biodiversity Action Plan and Towards an EU Strategy on Invasive Alien Species – Council conclusion 25th June 2009. European Communities, Luxembourg, http://ec.europa.eu/environment/nature/pdf/council_concl_0609.pdf [accessed 02/10/09]. [Google Scholar]
- Cruz M.J., Rebelo R. andCrespo E.G., 2006. Effects of an introduced crayfish, Procambarus clarkii, on the distribution of south-western Iberian amphibians in their breeding habitats. Ecography, 29, 329–338. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- DAISIE, 2009. Handbook of alien species in Europe. Summary report, Springer, Dordrecht, http://www.europe-aliens.org/index.jsp [accessed 21/12/08]. [Google Scholar]
- Diéguez-Uribeondo J. and Muzquiz J.L., 2005. The use of the fungus Aphanomyces astaci for biological control of the invasive species Cherax destructor. Poster presentation at International Workshop: Biological Invasions in Inland Waters, Florence, http://www.dbag.unifi.it/inwat/INWAT_abstracts.pdf. [Google Scholar]
- Edsman L., 2004. The Swedish story about import of live crayfish. Bull. Fr. Pêche Piscic., 372-373, 281–288. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [Google Scholar]
- European Parliament, 2000. Directive 2000/60/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2000 establishing a framework for Community action in the field of water policy. 2000/60/EC. Official Journal, OJ L 327, 1–82, http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CONSLEG:2000L0060:20090113:EN:PDF [accessed 02/10/09]. [Google Scholar]
- European Parliament, 2004. Directive 2004/35/CE of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 April 2004 on environmental liability with regard to the prevention and remedying of environmental damage. Official Journal, OJ L 143, 56–75, http://eur-lex.europa.eu/smartapi/cgi/sga_doc?smartapi!celexplus!prod!DocNumber&lg=en&type_doc=Directive&an_doc=2004&nu_doc=35 [accessed 02/10/09]. [Google Scholar]
- Faller M., Hudina S., Klobucar G. and Maguire I., in preparation. Spread of invasive spiny-cheek crayfish (Orconectes limosus) in Croatia: filling knowledge gaps and identifying confinement measures. [Google Scholar]
- Genovesi P. and Shine C., 2003. European Stategy on Invasive Alien Species Convention on the Conservation of European Wildlife and Natural Habitats Report T-PVS/(2003) 7 revised 1 to Standing Committee 23rd meeting Strasbourg, 1–5 December 2003. Council of Europe, http://www.coe.int/t/dg4/cultureheritage/Conventions/Bern/sc23_en.asp#TopOfPage [accessed 20/07/09]. [Google Scholar]
- Gutierrez-Yurrita P.J., Sancho G., Bravo M.A. andMontes C., 1998. Diet of red swamp crayfish, Procambarus clarkii in natural ecosystems of the Donana National Park temporary and freshwater marsh (Spain). J. Crust. Biol., 18, 120–127. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Holdich D.M., 1999. The negative effects of established crayfish introductions. In: Gherardi F. and Holdich D.M. (eds.), Crayfish in Europe as Alien Species: How to make the best of a bad situation, A.A. Balkema, Rotterdam, 31–46. [Google Scholar]
- Holdich D.M., Rogers W.D. and Reader J.P., 1995. Crayfish Conservation. Final Project Record for National Rivers Authority R&D contract 378/N&Y, National Rivers Authority, Bristol. [Google Scholar]
- Holdich D.M., Reynolds J.D., Souty-Grosset C. and Sibley P.J., 2009. A review of the ever increasing threat to European crayfish from non-indigenous crayfish species. Knowl. Managt. Aquatic Ecosyst., 394-395, 11. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [Google Scholar]
- Ilheu M., Guilherme P. andBernardo J.M., 2002. Impact of the red swamp crayfish (Procambarus clarkii) on aquatic invertebrate and macrophyte assemblages: a case study in the south of Portugal. Internationale Vereingung fur Theoretische und Angewamdte Limnologie Verhandlungen, 28, 144–147. [Google Scholar]
- Invasive Species Ireland, 2009. http://www.invasivespeciesireland.com/sighting/ [accessed 02/10/09]. [Google Scholar]
- IUCN, 2000. Guidelines for the prevention of biodiversity loss caused by alien invasive species, approved by the 51st Meeting of the IUCN Council, Gland, Switzerland, February 2000, IUCN, Geneva. [Google Scholar]
- Non-native Species Secretariat, 2008. http://www.nonnativespecies.org/04_Risk_Assessments.cfm [accessed 02/10/09]. [Google Scholar]
- Nyström P., 1999. Negative aspects of crayfish introductions. In: Gherardi F. and Holdich D.M. (eds.), Crayfish in Europe as alien species – How to make the best of a bad situation?, Crustacean Issues, 11, A.A. Balkema, Rotterdam, 63–85. [Google Scholar]
- Panov V.E. andGollasch S., 2006. Aquatic Invasions – the new European journal of applied research on biological invasions in aquatic ecosystems. Aquatic Invasions, 1, 1–3. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Peay S., Holdich D.M. and Brickland J., to appear. Risk assessments of non-indigenous crayfish in Great Britain. Freshwater Crayfish, 17. [Google Scholar]
- Rodriguez C.F., Becares E., Fernandes-Aláez M. andFernandez-Aláez C., 2005. Loss of diversity and degradation of wetlands as a result of introducing exotic crayfish. Biol. Invasions, 7, 75–85. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Siecker, 2009. Opinion of the European Economic and Social Committee on the Communication from the Commission to the Council, the European Parliament, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions – Towards an EU strategy on invasive species COM (2008) 789 final. NAT/433 – CESE 1034/2009, http://eescopinions.eesc.europa.eu/EESCopinionDocument.aspx?identifier=ces\nat\nat433\ces1034-2009_ac.doc&language=EN [accessed 02/10/09]. [Google Scholar]
- Souty-Grosset C., Holdich D.M., Noël P.Y., Reynolds J.D. and Haffner P., 2006. Atlas of Crayfish in Europe, Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle, Paris. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.