Knowl. Managt. Aquatic Ecosyst.
Number 394-395, 2009Regional European Crayfish Workshop: Future of Native Crayfish in Europe
|Number of page(s)||15|
|Published online||19 February 2010|
- Birdsall J., 2007. Grassington Angling Association, Grassington, North Yorkshire, UK, Personal communication.
- Blake M.A. and Hart P.J.B., 1995. The vulnerability of juvenile signal crayfish to perch and eel predation. Freshw. Biol., 33, 233–244. [CrossRef]
- Bubb D.H., Thom T.J. and Lucas M.C., 2005. The within-catchment invasion of the non-indigenous signal crayfish (Dana) in upland rivers. Bull. Fr. Pêche Piscic., 376-377, 665–673. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Bubb D.H., O’Malley O.J., Gooderham A.C. and Lucas M.C., 2009. Relative impacts of native and non-native crayfish on shelter use by an indigenous benthic fish. Aquat. Conserv., 19, 448–455. [CrossRef]
- Carpenter J., 2005. Competition for food between an introduced crayfish and two fishes endemic to the Colorado River basin. Environ. Biol. Fishes, 72, 335–342. [CrossRef]
- Crawford L., Yeomans W.E. and Adams C.E., 2006. The impact of the introduced signal crayfish Pacifastacus leniusculus on stream invertebrate communities. Aquat. Conserv., 16, 611–621. [CrossRef]
- Degerman E., Nilsson P.A., Nyström P., Nilsson E. and Olsson K., 2007. Are fish populations in temperate streams affected by crayfish? – A field survey and prospects. Environ. Biol. Fishes, 78, 231–239. [CrossRef]
- Dorn N.J. and Wojdak J.M., 2004. The role of omnivorous crayfish in littoral communities. Oecologia, 140, 150–159. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Dunn J.C., McClymont H.E., Christmas M. and Dunn A.C., 2009. Competition and parasitism in the native white clawed crayfish Austropotamobius pallipes and the invasive signal crayfish Pacifastacus leniusculus in the UK. Biol. Invasions, 11, 315–324. [CrossRef]
- Foster J. and Slater F.M., 1995. A global review of crayfish predation with observations on the possible loss of Austropotamobius pallipes in the Welsh Wye due to crayfish plague. Freshwater Crayfish, 8, 589–613.
- Griffiths S.W., Collen P. and Armstrong J.D., 2004. Competition for shelter among overwintering signal crayfish and juvenile Atlantic salmon. J. Fish Biol., 63, 436–447. [CrossRef]
- Guan R.-Z. and Wiles P.R., 1996. Growth, density and biomass of crayfish, Pacifastacus leniusculus, in a British lowland river. Aquat. Living Resour., 9, 265–272. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Guan R.Z. and Wiles P.R., 1997. Ecological impact of the introduced crayfish Pacifastacus leniusculus on benthic fish in a British lowland river. Conserv. Biol., 11, 641–647. [CrossRef]
- Guan R.-Z. and Wiles P.R., 1998. Feeding ecology of the signal crayfish Pacifastacus leniusculus in a British lowland river. Aquaculture, 169, 177–193. [CrossRef]
- Handy N., 2007. Environment Agency, North West Region, Preston, Lancashire, UK, Personal communication.
- Holdich D.M., 1999. The negative effects of established crayfish introductions. In: Gherardi F. and Holdich D.M. (eds.), Crayfish in Europe as Alien Species: How to make the best of a bad situation, A.A. Balkema, Rotterdam, 31–46.
- Ilhéu M. and Bernardo M., 1997. Experimental evalution of food preferences of red swamp crayfish Procambarus clarki: vegetal versus animal. Freshwater Crayfish, 9, 359–364.
- Imhoff E., 2009. Institute of Integrative and Comparative Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK, Personal communication.
- Kempinger J.J., 1988. Spawning and early life history of lake sturgeon in the Lake Winnebago system, Wisconsin. Am. Fish. Soc. Symp., 5, 110–122.
- Light T., 2005. Behavioural effects of invaders: alien crayfish and native sculpin in a California stream. Biol. Invasions, 7, 353–367. [CrossRef]
- Mainstone C.P., Barnard S. and Wyatt R.J., 1994. Development of a Fisheries Classification Scheme, R&D Project Record 244/7/NY, National Rivers Authority, Bristol.
- MetOffice, 2009. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/nw/.
- Nilsson E., Persson A., Nyström P., Stenroth P. and Olsson K., 2008. Species densities, spatial complexity and resource diversity affects niche width and niche overlap among stream-dwelling consumers. In: Nilsson E. (ed.), Species interactions in streams – effects of predation, competition and ecosystem properties, Ph.D. Dissertation, Lund University, 45–58.
- Nyström P., 1999. Ecological impact of introduced and native crayfish on freshwater communities: European perspectives. In: Gherardi F. and Holdich D.M. (eds.), Crayfish in Europe as Alien Species: how to make the best of a bad situation, A.A. Balkema, Rotterdam, 63–85.
- Nyström P., 2002. Ecology. In: Holdich D.M. (ed.), Biology of Freshwater Crayfish, Blackwell Science, Oxford, 192–235.
- Nyström P. and Strand J.A., 1996. Grazing by a native and an exotic crayfish on aquatic macrophytes. Freshw. Biol., 36, 673–682. [CrossRef]
- Nyström P., Brönmark C. and Granéli W., 1996. Patterns in benthic food webs: a role for omnivorous crayfish? Freshw. Biol., 36, 631–646. [CrossRef]
- Nyström P., Svensson O., Lardner B., Brönmark C. and Granelí W., 2001. The influence of multiple introduced predators on a littoral pond community. Ecology, 82, 1023–1039.
- Nyström P., Stenroth P., Holmqvist N., Berlund O., Larsson P. and Granelí W., 2006. Crayfish in lakes and streams: individual and population responses to predation, productivity and substratum availability. Freshw. Biol., 51, 2096–2213. [CrossRef]
- Peay S., 2002. Monitoring Protocol for White-clawed Crayfish Field-testing in the River Eden Tributaries, Summer 2002 Life in UK Rivers Contract No. LIF 02-11-37 Conserving Nature 2000 Rivers, English Nature, Peterborough, 57 p., http://www.englishnature.org.uk/LIFEinUKRivers/species/crayfish.html.
- Peay S. and Hiley P.D., 2004. A Review of Crayfish and Angling, Unpublished report, Environment Agency, Thames Region, Hatfield.
- Peay S. and Rogers D.R., 1999. The peristaltic spread of signal crayfish (Pacifastacus leniusculus) in the River Wharfe, Yorkshire, England. Freshwater Crayfish, 12, 665–676.
- Rahel F.J. and Stein R.A., 1988. Complex predator-prey interactions and predator intimidation among crayfish, piscivorous fish, and small benthic fish. Oecologia, 75, 94–98. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Savino J.F. and Miller J.E., 1991. Crayfish (Orconectes virilis) feeding on young lake trout (Salvelinus namaycush): effect of rock size. J. Freshwater Ecol., 6, 161–170.
- Stenroth P. and Nyström P., 2003. Exotic crayfish in a brown water stream: effects on juvenile trout, invertebrates and algae. Freshw. Biol., 48, 466–475. [CrossRef]
- Usio N., Kamiyama R., Saji A. and Takamua N., 2009. Size-dependent impacts of invasive alien crayfish on a littoral marsh community. Biol. Conserv., 142, 7, 1480–1490. [CrossRef]
- Warner G.F., 1995. Choice and consumption of aquatic weeds by signal crayfish (Pacifastacus leniusculus). Freshwater Crayfish, 8, 360–363.
- Wilson K.A., Magnuson J., Lodge D.M., Hill A.M., Kratz T.K., Perry W.L. and Willis T.V., 2004. A long-term rusty crayfish (Orconectes rusticus) invasion: dispersal patterns and community change in a north temperate lake. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 61, 2255–2266. [CrossRef]
- Xinya S., 1995. Effect of the crayfish Procambarus clarkii on the survival of the fry and fingerlings of fishes cultivated in China. Freshwater Crayfish, 8, 528–532.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.