Knowl. Manag. Aquat. Ecosyst.
Number 422, 2021
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Published online||28 May 2021|
- Bachand PAM, Horne AJ. 2000. Denitrification in constructed free-water surface wetlands: II. Effects of vegetation and temperature. Ecol Eng 14: 17–32. [Google Scholar]
- Bouchard V, Frey SD, Gilbert JM, Reed SE. 2007. Effects of macrophyte functional group richness on emergent freshwater wetland functions. Ecology 88: 2903–2914. [Google Scholar]
- Chambers JM, McComb Arthur J. 1994. Establishing wetland plants in artificial systems. Water Sci Technol 29: 79–84. [Google Scholar]
- Choudhury MI, McKie BG, Hallin S, Ecke F. 2018. Mixtures of macrophyte growth forms promote nitrogen cycling in wetlands. Sci Total Environ 635: 1436–1443. [Google Scholar]
- European Commission. 2000. Directive 2000/60/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2000 establishing a framework for community action in the field of water policy. Off J Eur Commun L 327: 1–72. [Google Scholar]
- Howard-Williams C, Davies J, Pickmere S. 1982. The dynamics of growth, the effects of changing area and nitrate uptake by watercress Nasturtium officinale R. Br. in New Zealand stream. J Appl Ecol 19: 589–601. [Google Scholar]
- Lambers H, Chapin III FS, Pons TL. 2008. Growth and allocation. In: Plant Physiological Ecology, Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York, Year: 2008 pp. 321–375. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Levi PS, Riis T, Alnøe AB, Peipoch M, Maetzke K, Bruus C, Baattrup-Pedersen A. 2015. Macrophyte complexity controls nutrient uptake in lowland streams. Ecosystems 18: 914–931. [Google Scholar]
- Manolaki P, Mouridsen MB, Nielsen E, Olesen A, Jensen SM, Lauridsen TL, Baattrup-Pedersen A, Sorrell BK, Riis T. 2020. A comparison of nutrient uptake efficiency and growth rate between different macrophyte growth forms. J Environ Manage 274: 111181. [Google Scholar]
- Mitchell DS. 1974. Aquatic vegetation and its use and control. Unesco, Paris: pp. 135. [Google Scholar]
- Nielsen SL, Sand-Jensen K. 1991. Variation in growth rates of submerged rooted macrophytes. Aquat Bot 39: 109–120. [Google Scholar]
- Olesen A, Jensen SM, Alnoee AB, Baattrup-Pedersen A, Lauridsen TL, Sorrell BK, Riis T. 2018. Nutrient kinetics in submerged plant beds: A mesocosm study simulating constructed drainage wetlands. Ecol Eng 122: 263–270. [Google Scholar]
- Srivastava JK, Chandra H, Kalra SJS, Mishra P, Khan H, Yadav P. 2017. Plant–microbe interaction in aquatic system and their role in the management of water quality: a review. Appl Water Sci 7: 1079–1090. [Google Scholar]
- Vymazal J. 2013. Emergent plants used in free water surface constructed wetlands: a review. Ecol Eng 61: 582–592. [Google Scholar]
- Warwick NWM, Brock MA. 2003. Plant reproduction in temporary wetlands: the effects of seasonal timing, depth, and duration of flooding. Aquat Bot 77: 153–167. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.