Knowl. Manag. Aquat. Ecosyst.
Number 418, 2017
Topical Issue on Fish Ecology
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Published online||22 November 2017|
- Angermeier PL, Schlosser IJ. 1989. Species-area relationships for stream fishes. Ecology 70: 1450–1462. [CrossRef]
- Bianco PG, Ahnelt H, Economidis PS. 1996. The freshwater fishes from eastern and large Mediterranean islands with comments on their safety status. Acta Univ Carol Biol 40: 45–60.
- Borcard D, Legendre P. 2002. All-scale spatial analysis of ecological data by means of principal coordinates of neighbour matrices. Ecol Model 153: 51–68. [CrossRef]
- Coutant CC. 1977. Compilation of temperature preference data. J Fish Res Board Can 34: 739–746. [CrossRef]
- Dala-Corte RB, Giam X, Olden JD, Becker FG, Guimarães TdF, Melo AS. 2016. Revealing the pathways by which agricultural land-use affects stream fish communities in South Brazilian grasslands. Freshw Biol 61: 1921–1934. [CrossRef]
- Eikaas HS, McIntosh AR, Kliskey AD. 2005. Catchment- and site-scale influences of forest cover and longitudinal forest position on the distribution of a diadromous fish. Freshw Biol 50: 527–538. [CrossRef]
- Fiévet E, Doledec S, PLim P. 2001. Distribution of migratory fishes and shrimps along multivariate gradients in tropical island streams. J Fish Biol 59, 390–402. [CrossRef]
- Glova GJ. 1987. Comparison of allopatric cutthroat trout stocks with those sympatric with coho salmon and sculpins in small streams. Environ Biol Fishes 20: 275–284.
- Harvey B, Stewart A. 1991. Fish size and habitat depth relationships in headwater streams. Oecologia 87: 336–342. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Hiroyuki O, Kuniaki O, Tetsuo S. 1985. Distribution of freshwater fishes of Oki (Togo) Island. Kagawa Seibutsu 13: 23–30.
- Huryn AD, Huryn VMB, Arbuckle CJ, Tsomides L. 2002. Catchment land-use, macroinvertebrates and detritus processing in headwater streams: taxonomic richness versus function. Freshw Biol 47: 401–415. [CrossRef]
- Isao T, Nobuhiko T. 2012. Assessment of river-bed composition and population density of ayu Plecoglossus altivelis to estimate minimum flow charge. Ecol Civil Eng 15: 197–206. [CrossRef]
- Jones E, Helfman GS, Harper JO, Bolstad PV. 1999. Effects of riparian forest removal on fish assemblages in southern Appalachian streams. Conserv Biol 13: 1454–1465. [CrossRef]
- Katsutoshi W, Hiroshi T. 2010. Natural history of freshwater fishes-diversity and differentiation. Sapporo, Hokkaido: Hokkaido University Press, p. 283 (in Japanese)
- Keith P. 2003. Biology and ecology of amphidromous Gobiidae of the Indo-Pacific and the Caribbean regions. J Fish Biol 63: 831–847. [CrossRef]
- Livingstone DA, Rowland M, Bailey PE. 1982. On the size of African riverine fish faunas. Am Zool 22: 361–369. [CrossRef]
- Maciolek J, Ford J. 1987. Macrofauna and environment of the Nanpil-Klepw River, Ponape, Eastern Caroline Islands. Bull Mar Sci 41: 623–632.
- McDowall RM. 1988. Diadromy in fishes: migrations between freshwater and marine environments, London: Croom Helm, p. 308.
- McDowall R. 2004. Ancestry and amphidromy in island freshwater fish faunas. Fish Fish 5: 75–85. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- McGarvey DJ, Hughesm RM. 2008. Longitudinal zonation of Pacific Northwest (U.S.A.) fish assemblages and the species-discharge relationship. Copeia 2: 311–321. [CrossRef]
- Michael FJ, Parham JE, Nishimoto RT. 2002. Similarities in behavioral ecology among amphidromous and catadromous fishes on the oceanic islands of Hawai'i and Guam. Environ Biol Fishes 65: 123–129. [CrossRef]
- Molina MC, Roa-Fuentes CA, Zeni JO, Casatti L. 2017. The effects of land use at different spatial scales on instream features in agricultural streams. Limnol-Ecol Manag Inland Waters.
- Myers GS. 1949. Usage of anadromous, catadromous and allied terms for migratory fishes. Copeia 1949: 89–97. [CrossRef]
- Oksanen J, Blanchet FG, Kindt R, Legendre P, Minchin PR, O'Hara RB, et al., 2013. Vegan: Community Ecology Package. R package version 2.0-8. http://CRAN.R-project.org/package=vegan.
- O'Neill R, Johnson A, King A. 1989. A hierarchical framework for the analysis of scale. Landsc Ecol 3: 193–205. [CrossRef]
- Paller MH. 1994. Relationships between fish assemblage structure and stream order in South Carolina coastal plain streams. Trans Am Fish Soc 123: 150–161. [CrossRef]
- Quinn JM, Stroud MJ. 2002. Water quality and sediment and nutrient export from New Zealand hill-land catchments of contrasting land use. New Zeal J Mar Freshw Res 36: 409–429. [CrossRef]
- Radtke RL, Kinzie RA, Folsom SD. 1987. Age at recruitment of Hawaiian freshwater gobies. Environ Biol Fishes 23: 205–213. [CrossRef]
- Rosenfeld JS, Macdonald S, Foster D, Amrhein S, Bales B, Williams T, Race F, Livingstone T. 2002. Importance of small streams as rearing habitat for coastal cutthroat trout. N Am J Fish Manag 22: 177–187. [CrossRef]
- Russell MA, Walling DE, Webb BW, Bearne R. 1998. The composition of nutrient fluxes from contrasting U.K. river basins. Hydrol Process 12: 1461–1482. [CrossRef]
- Sheldon AL. 1968. Species diversity and longitudinal succession in stream fishes. Ecology 49: 193–198. [CrossRef]
- Taylor CM. 1997. Fish species richness and incidence patterns in isolated and connected stream pools: effects of pool volume and spatial position. Oecologia 110: 560–566. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Thuesen PA, Ebner BC, Larson H, Keith P, Silcock RM, Prince J, et al. 2011. Amphidromy links a newly documented fish community of continental Australian streams, to oceanic islands of the West Pacific. PLoS ONE 6: e26685. [CrossRef]
- Watson RE. 1992. A review of the gobiid fish genus Awaous from insular streams of the Pacific Plate. Ichthyol Explor Freshw 3: 161–176.
- Willis S, Winemiller K, Lopez-Fernandez H. 2005. Habitat structural complexity and morphological diversity of fish assemblages in a neotropical floodplain river. Oecologia 142: 284–295. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.