Knowl. Manag. Aquat. Ecosyst.
Number 418, 2017
Topical Issue on Fish Ecology
|Number of page(s)||11|
|Published online||06 February 2017|
- Allan JD, Russek E. 1985. The quantification of stream drift. Can J Fish Aquat Sci 42: 210–215. [CrossRef]
- Amundsen P-A, Gabler H-M, Staldvik FJ. 1996. A new approach to graphical analysis of feeding strategy from stomach contents data − modification of the Costello (1990) method. J Fish Biol 48: 607–614.
- Arismendi I, González J, Soto D, Penaluna B. 2012. Piscivory and diet overlap between two non-native fishes in southern Chilean streams. Aust Ecol 37: 346–354. [CrossRef]
- Blanchet S, Loot G, Grenouillet G, Brosse S. 2007. Competitive interactions between native and exotic salmonids: a combined field and laboratory demonstration. Ecol Freshw Fish 16: 133–143. [CrossRef]
- Coghlan S, Cain G, Ringler N. 2007. Prey selection of subyearling Atlantic salmon and rainbow trout coexisting in a natural stream. J Fresh Ecol 22: 591–607. [CrossRef]
- Conrad JL, Weinersmith KL, Brodin T, Saltz JB, Sih A. 2011. Behavioural syndromes in fishes: a review with implications for ecology and fisheries management. J Fish Biol 78: 395–435. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Cucherousset J, Aymes JC, Santoul F, Céréghino R. 2007. Stable isotope evidence of trophic interactions between introduced brook trout Salvelinus fontinalis and native brown trout Salmo trutta in a mountain stream of south-west France. J Fish Biol 71: 210–223. [CrossRef]
- Delacoste M, Baran P, Lascaux JM, Abad N, Besson JP. 1997. Bilan des introductions de salmonidés dans les lacs et ruisseaux d'altitude des Hautes-Pyrénées. Bull Fr Pêche Piscic 344/345: 205–219. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Di Prinzio CY, Casaux RJ. 2012. Dietary overlap among native and non-native fish in Patagonian low-order streams. Int J Lim 48: 21–30. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Dineen G, Harrison SSC, Giller PS. 2007. Diet partitioning in sympatric Atlantic salmon and brown trout in streams with contrasting riparian vegetation. J Fish Biol 71: 17–38. [CrossRef]
- Dunham JB, Adams SB, Schroeter RE, Novinger DC. 2002. Alien invasions in aquatic ecosystems: toward an understanding of brook trout invasions and potential impacts on inland cutthroat trout in western North America. Rev Fish Biol Fish 12: 373–391. [CrossRef]
- Fausch KD, White RJ. 1981. Competition between Brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis) and Brown trout (Salmo trutta) for positions in a Michigan stream. Can J Fish Aquat Sci 38: 1220–1227. [CrossRef]
- Fechney LR. 1988. The summer diet of brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis) in a South Island high-country stream. N Z J Mar Fresh Res 22: 163–168. [CrossRef]
- Finlayson B, Somer W, Duffield D, et al. 2005. Native inland trout restoration on national forests in the western United States: time for improvement? Fisheries 30: 10–19. [CrossRef]
- Frost S. 1971. Evaluation of kicking technique for sampling stream bottom fauna. Can J Zool 49: 167–173. [CrossRef]
- Hearn WE. 1987. Interspecific competition and habitat segregation among stream dwelling trout and salmon: a review. Fisheries 12: 24–31. [CrossRef]
- Holčík J. 1991. Fish introductions in Europe with particular reference to its central and eastern part. Can J Fish Aquat Sci 48: 13–23. [CrossRef]
- Jacobs J. 1974. Quantitative measurement of food selection. A modification of the forage ratio and Ivlev's electivity index. Oecologia 14: 413–417. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Kelly-Quinn M, Bracken JJ. 1990. A seasonal analysis of the diet and feeding dynamics of brown trout, Salmo trutta L., in a small nursery stream. Aquacult Res 21: 107–124. [CrossRef]
- Kenward MG, Roger JH. 1997. Small sample inference for fixed effects from restricted maximum likelihood. Biometrics 53: 983–997. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Kitano S, Maekawa K, Nakano S, Fausch KD. 1994. Spawning behaviour of bull trout in the Upper Flathead Drainage, Montana, with special reference to hybridization with brook charr. Trans Am Fish Soc 123: 988–992. [CrossRef]
- Lagarrigue T, Céréghino R, Lim P, Reyes-Marchant P, Chappaz R, Lavandier P, Belaud A. 2002. Diel and seasonal variation in brown trout (Salmo trutta) feeding patterns and relationship with invertebrate drift under natural and hydropeaking conditions in a mountain stream. Aquat Living Resour 15: 129–137. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Langton RW. 1982. Diet overlap between Atlantic cod, Gadus morhua, silver hake, Merluccius bilinearis, and fifteen other North-west Atlantic finfish. Fish Bull US 80: 745–759.
- Littell RC, Milliken GA, Stroup WW, Wolfinger RD. 1996. SAS System for Mixed Models. Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc.
- Lusk S, Lusková V, Hanel L. 2010. Alien fish species in the Czech Republic and their impact on the native fish fauna. Folia Zool 59: 57–72.
- McHugh P, Budy P, Thiede G, VanDyke E. 2008. Trophic relationships of nonnative brown trout, Salmo trutta, and native Bonneville cutthroat trout, Oncorhynchus clarkii utah, in a northern Utah, USA river. Environ Biol Fish 81: 63–75. [CrossRef]
- Mcneale KH, Sanderson BL, Courbois J-YP, Kiffney PM. 2010. Effect of non-native brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis) on threatened juvenile Chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) in an Idaho stream. Ecol Freshw Fish 19: 139–152. [CrossRef]
- Mistak JL, Hayes DB, Bremigan MT. 2003. Food habits of coexisting salmonines above and below Stronach Dam in the Pine River, Michigan. Environ Biol Fish 67: 179–190. [CrossRef]
- Miyasaka H, Nakano S, Furukawa-Tanaka T. 2003. Food habit divergence between white-spotted charr and masu salmon in Japanese mountain streams: circumstantial evidence for competition. Limnology 4: 1–10. [CrossRef]
- Mookerji N, Weng Z, Mazumder A. 2004. Food partitioning between coexisting Atlantic salmon and brook trout in the Sainte-Marguerite River ecosystem, Quebec. J Fish Biol 64: 680–694. [CrossRef]
- Morgan DL, Gill HS, Maddern MG, Beaty SJ. 2004. Distribution and impact of introduced freshwater fishes in Western Australia. N Z J Mar Fresh Res 38: 511–523. [CrossRef]
- Nakano S, Kitano S, Nakai K, Fausch KD. 1998. Competitive interactions for foraging microhabitat among introduced brook charr, Salvelinus fontinalis, and native bull charr, S. confluentus, and westslope cutthroat trout, Oncorhynchus clarki lewisi, in a Montana stream. Environ Biol Fish 52: 345–355. [CrossRef]
- Nakano S, Fausch KD, Kitano S. 1999. Flexible niche partitioning via a foraging mode shift: a proposed mechanism for coexistence in stream-dwelling charrs. J Anim Ecol 68: 1079–1092. [CrossRef]
- Peterson DP, Fausch KD. 2003. Upstream movement by nonnative brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis) promotes invasion of native cutthroat trout (Oncorhynchus clarki) habitat. Can J Fish Aquat Sci 60: 1502–1516. [CrossRef]
- Pianka ER. 1969. Sympatry of desert lizards (Ctenotus) in Western Australia. Ecology 50: 1012–1030. [CrossRef]
- Post MD. 2002. Using stable isotopes to estimate trophic position: models, methods, and assumptions. Ecology 83: 703–718. [CrossRef]
- Sánchez-Hernández J, Cobo F. 2016. Ontogenetic shifts in terrestrial reliance of stream-dwelling brown trout. J Limnol 75: 409–414.
- Sánchez-Hernández J, Servia MJ, Vieira-Lanero R, Cobo F. 2013. Prey trait analysis shows differences in summer feeding habitat use between wild YOY Atlantic salmon and brown trout. Ital J Zool 80: 449–454. [CrossRef]
- Sánchez-Hernández J, Gabler H-M, Amundsen P-A. 2016. Food resource partitioning between stream-dwelling Arctic charr Salvelinus alpinus (L.), Atlantic salmon Salmo salar L. and alpine bullhead Cottus poecilopus Heckel, 1836: an example of water column segregation. Hydrobiologia 783: 105–115. [CrossRef]
- Schoener TW. 1968. The anolis lizards of Bimini: resource partitioning in a complex fauna. Ecology 49: 704–726. [CrossRef]
- Schoener TW. 1970. Non-synchronous spatial overlap of lizards in patchy habitats. Ecology 51: 408–418. [CrossRef]
- Schoener TW. 1974. Resource partitioning in ecological communities. Science 185: 27–39. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Scrimgeour GJ, Winterbourn MJ. 1987. Diet, food resource partitioning and feeding periodicity of two riffle dwelling fish species in a New Zealand river. J Fish Biol 31: 309–324. [CrossRef]
- Seber GAF, Le Cren ED. 1967. Estimating population parameters from catches large relative to the population. J Anim Ecol 36: 631–643. [CrossRef]
- Tagliaferro M, Arismendi I, Lancelotti J, Pascual M. 2015. A natural experiment of dietary overlap between introduced rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) and native Puyen (Galaxias maculatus) in the Santa Cruz River, Patagonia. Environ Biol Fish 98: 1311–1325. [CrossRef]
- Takami T, Aoyama T. 1999. Distributions of rainbow trout and brown trout in Hokkaido northern Japan. Wildl Conserv Jpn 4: 41–48.
- Taniguchi Y, Fausch KD, Nakano S. 2002. Size-structured interactions between native and introduced species: can intraguild predation facilitate invasion by stream salmonids? Biol Inv 4: 223–233. [CrossRef]
- Tiberti R, Brighenti S, Canedoli C, Iacobuzio R, Rolla M. 2016. The diet of introduced brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis; Mitchill, 1814) in an alpine area and a literature review on its feeding ecology. J Limnol 75: 488–507.
- Uiblein F, Jagsch A, Honsig-Erlenburg W, Weis S. 2001. Status, habitat use, and vulnerability of the European grayling in Austrian waters. J Fish Biol 59: 223–224.
- Wilson MK, Lowe WH, Nislow KH. 2014. What predicts the use by brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis) of terrestrial invertebrate subsidies in headwater streams? Freshw Biol 59: 187–199. [CrossRef]
- Woodford DJ, Impson ND, Day JA, Bills IR. 2005. The predatory impact of invasive alien smallmouth bass, Micropterus dolomieu (Teleostei: Centrarchidae), on indigenous fishes in a Cape Floristic Region mountain stream. Afr J Aquat Sci 30: 167–173. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.