Knowl. Manag. Aquat. Ecosyst.
Number 417, 2016
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Published online||02 December 2016|
- Arlinghaus R, Cooke SJ, Schwab A, Cowx IG. 2007. Fish welfare: a challenge to the feelings based approach, with implications for recreational fishing. Fish Fish 8 (1): 57–71. [CrossRef]
- Bartholomew A, Bohnsack JA. 2005. A review of catch-and-release angling mortality with implications for no-take reserves. Rev Fish Biol Fish 15 (1–2): 129–154. [CrossRef]
- Bates D, Maechler M, Bolker B, Walker S. 2014. lme4: Linear mixed-effects models using Eigen and S4. R package version 1.1-7.
- Bjorkland R, Pringle CM. 2001. Educating our communities and ourselves about conservation of aquatic resources through environmental outreach. BioScience 51: 279–282. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Brownscombe JW, Griffin L, Gagne T, Haak CR, Cooke SJ, Danylchuk AJ. 2015. Physiological stress and reflex impairment of recreationally angled bonefish in Puerto Rico. Environ Biol Fishes 98: 2287–2295. [CrossRef]
- Colotelo AHA, Cooke SJ. 2011. Evaluation of common angling-induced sources of epithelial damage for popular freshwater sport fish using fluorescein. Fish Res 109: 217–224. [CrossRef]
- Cook KV, Lennox RJ, Hinch SG, Cooke SJ. 2015. Fish out of water: how much air is too much? Fisheries 40: 452–461. [CrossRef]
- Cooke SJ, Cowx IG. 2004. The role of recreational fishing in global fish crises. BioScience 54 (9): 857–859. [CrossRef]
- Cooke SJ, Schramm HL. 2007. Catch and release science and its application to conservation and management of recreational fisheries. Fish Manag Ecol 14 (2): 73–79. [CrossRef]
- Cooke SJ, Sneddon LU. 2007. Animal welfare perspectives on catch-and-release recreational angling. Appl Anim Behav Sci 104: 176–198. [CrossRef]
- Cooke SJ, Suski CD. 2005. Do we need species-specific guidelines for catch-and-release recreational angling to effectively conserve diverse fishery resources? Biodivers Conserv 14 (5): 1195–1209. [CrossRef]
- Cooke SJ, Schreer JF, Dunmall KM, Philipp DP. 2002. Strategies for quantifying sublethal effects of marine catch-and-release angling − insights from novel freshwater applications. Am Fish Soc Symp 30: 121–134.
- Cooke SJ, Suski CD, Barthel BL, Ostrand KG, Tufts BL, Philipp DP. 2003. Injury and mortality induced by four hook types on bluegill and pumpkinseed. N Am J Fish Manag 23: 883–893. [CrossRef]
- Cooke SJ, Suski CD, Arlinghaus R, Danylchuk AJ. 2013. Voluntary institutions and behaviours as alternatives to formal regulations in recreational fisheries management. Fish Fish 14: 439–457. [CrossRef]
- Coyle SL, Needle RH, Normand J. 1998. Outreach-based HIV prevention for injecting drug users: a review of published outcome data. Public Health Rep 113 (Suppl 1): 19. [PubMed]
- Davis MW. 2010. Fish stress and mortality can be predicted using reflex impairment. Fish Fish 11: 1–11. [CrossRef]
- Erickson JG. 1967. Social hierarchy, territoriality, and stress reactions in sunfish. Physiol Zool 40 (1), 40–48. [CrossRef]
- Ferguson RA, Tufts BL. 1992. Physiological effects of brief air exposure in exhaustively exercised rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss): implications for “catch and release” fisheries. Can J Fish Aquat Sci 49: 1157–1162. [CrossRef]
- Fobert E, Meining P, Colotelo A, O'Connor C, Cooke SJ. 2009. Cut the line or remove the hook? An evaluation of sublethal and lethal endpoints for deeply hooked freshwater recreational fish. Fish Res 99: 38–46. [CrossRef]
- Gustaveson AW, Wydoski RS, Wedemeyer GA. 1991. Physiological response of largemouth bass to angling stress. Trans Am Fish Soc 120 (5): 629–636. [CrossRef]
- Hungerford HR, Volk TL. 1990. Changing learner behavior through environmental education. J Environ Educ 21 (3): 8–21. [CrossRef]
- Jacobson SK, McDuff MD, Monroe MC. 2006. Conservation education and outreach techniques. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press. [CrossRef]
- Kieffer JD, Cooke SJ. 2009. Physiology and organismal performance of centrarchids. In: Cooke SJ, Philipp DP, eds. Centrarchid fishes: diversity, biology, and conservation. West Sussex, UK: Wiley-Blackwell, pp. 207–263.
- Kieffer JD, Kubacki MR, Phelan FJS, Philipp DP, Tufts BL. 1995. Effects of catch-and-release angling on nesting male smallmouth bass. Trans Am Fish Soc 124 (1): 70–76. [CrossRef]
- Lennox RJ, Whoriskey K, Crossin GT, Cooke SJ. 2015. Influence of angler hook-set behaviour relative to hook type on capture success and incidences of deep hooking and injury in a teleost fish. Fish Res 164: 201–205. [CrossRef]
- Lenth RV. 2016. Least-Squares Means: The R Package lsmeans. J Stat Softw 69 (1): 1–33. [CrossRef]
- McArley TJ, Herbert NA. 2014. Mortality, physiological stress and reflex impairment in sub-legal Pagrus auratus exposed to simulated angling. J Exp Mar Biol Ecol 461: 61–72. [CrossRef]
- McConnachie SH, O'Connor CM, Gilmour KM, Iwama GK, Cooke SJ. 2012. Supraphysiological cortisol elevation alters the response of wild bluegill sunfish to subsequent stressors. J Exp Zool A 316: 321–332. [CrossRef]
- Monroe MC, Andrews E, Biedenweg K. 2008. A framework for environmental education strategies. Appl Environ Educ Commun 6 (3–4): 205–216. [CrossRef]
- Morgan M, Soucy J. 2006. Usage and evaluation of nonformal environmental education services at a state park: are anglers catching more than fish? Environ Educ Res 12 (5): 595–608. [CrossRef]
- Muoneke MI, Childress WM. 1994. Hooking mortality: a review for recreational fisheries. Rev Fish Sci 2: 123–156. [CrossRef]
- Needle R, Burrows D, Friedman S, et al. 2005. Effectiveness of community-based outreach in preventing HIV/AIDS among injecting drug users. Int J Drug Policy 16: 45–57. [CrossRef]
- Nguyen VM, Rudd MA, Cooke SJ, Hinch SG. 2012. Differences in information use and preferences among recreational salmon anglers: implications for management initiatives to promote responsible fishing. Hum Dimens Wildl 17: 248–256. [CrossRef]
- Nguyen VM, Rudd MA, Hinch SG, Cooke SJ. 2013. Recreational anglers' attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors related to catch-and-release practices of Pacific salmon in British Columbia. J Environ Manag 128: 852–865. [CrossRef]
- Pelletier C, Hanson KC, Cooke SJ. 2007. Do catch-and-release guidelines from state and provincial fisheries agencies in North America conform to scientifically based best practices? Environ Manag 39 (6): 760–773. [CrossRef]
- R Core Team. 2016. R: A language and environment for statistical computing. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing.
- Scheerens J, Bosker RJ. 1997. The foundations of educational effectiveness. Oxford: Pergamon.
- Schultz P. 2011. Conservation means behavior. Conserv Biol 25 (6): 1080–1083. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Serafy JE, Cooke SJ, Diaz GA, et al. 2012. Evaluating circle hooks in commercial, recreational and artisanal fisheries: research status and needs for improved conservation and management. Bull Mar Sci 88: 371–391. [CrossRef]
- Wydoski RS. 1977. Relation of hooking mortality and sublethal hooking stress to quality fishery management. In: Barnhart RA, Roelofs TD, eds. Catch-and-release fishing as a management tool. Arcata: Humboldt State University, California Cooperative Research Unit, pp. 43–87.
- Zuur AF, Ieno EN, Walker NJ, Saveliev AA, Smith GM. 2009. Mixed effects models and extensions in ecology with R. Springer Science & Business Media. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.