Knowl. Managt. Aquatic Ecosyst.
Number 403, 2011
|Number of page(s)||9|
|Published online||03 August 2011|
- Ballinger R.E. and Peters E.J., 1978. Impact of an introduced fish species (Morone americana) on the fisheries resource of Nebraska. Partial Technical Completion Report and Annual Progress Report, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA.
- Bamberg R.M., 1975. Experimental Management of Lake Sweetwater. Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Federal Aid Project F-31-R-1, Final Report, Austin, USA.
- Bettoli P.W. and Maceina M.J., 1996. Sampling with toxicants. In: Murphy B.R. and Willis D.W. (eds.), Fisheries Techniques, 2nd edn., American Fisheries Society, Bethesda, 303–333.
- Beyerle G.B. and Williams J.E., 1968. Some observations of food selectivity by northern pike in aquaria. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc., 97, 28–31. [CrossRef]
- Bliss Q. and Schainost S., 1974. Middle Platte Basin stream inventory report. Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, Aquatic Wildlife Division, Bureau of Wildlife Services, Lincoln, USA.
- Callam M.A., 1996. Nebraska water quality report. Water Quality Division, Department of Environmental Quality, State of Nebraska, USA.
- Chizinski C.J., 2007. Variation in life-history traits and morphology of stunted and non-stunted fish, Ph.D. thesis, Texas Tech University, 165 p.
- Chizinski C.J., Pope K.L., Wilde G.R. and Strauss R.E., 2010. Implications of stunting on morphology of freshwater fishes. J. Fish Biol., 76, 564–579. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Crowell T.E., 1976. Effectiveness of flathead catfish as an auxiliary predator. North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission, Federal Aid Project F-21-5, Final Report, Raleigh, USA.
- Dorner H. and Benndorf J., 2003. Piscivory by large eels on young-of-the-year fishes: its potential as a biomanipulation tool. J. Fish Biol., 62, 491–494. [CrossRef]
- Dorner H. and Wagner A., 2003. Size-dependent predator–prey relationships between perch and their fish prey. J. Fish Biol., 62, 1021–1032. [CrossRef]
- Gabelhouse Jr. D.W., 1984. A length-categorization system to assess fish stocks. N. Am. J. Fish. Manag., 4, 273–285. [CrossRef]
- Gosch N.J.C., Pope K.L. and Michaletz P.H., 2009. Stomach capacities of six freshwater fishes. J. Freshw. Ecol., 24, 645–649. [CrossRef]
- Gosch N.J.C., Pierce L.L. and Pope K.L., 2010. The effect of predation on stunted and non-stunted white perch. Ecol. Freshw. Fish., 19, 401–407. [CrossRef]
- Graeb B.D.S., Chipps S.R., Willis D.W., Lott J.P., Hanten R.P., Nelson-Stastry W. and Erickson J.W., 2008. Walleye response to rainbow smelt population decline and liberalized angling regulations in a Missouri River reservoir. In: Allen M.S., Sammons S. and Maceina M.J. (eds.), Balancing Fisheries Management and Water Uses for Impounded River Systems, American Fisheries Society Symposium 62, Bethesda, 275–292.
- Hackney P.A., 1966. Predator-prey relationships of the flathead catfish in ponds under selected forage fish conditions. Proc. Annu. Conf. Southeast. Assoc. Game Fish Comm., 19, 217–222.
- Hambright K.D., 1991. Experimental analysis of prey selection by largemouth bass: role of predator mouth width and prey body depth. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc., 120, 500–508. [CrossRef]
- Hanten R., 2006. Seasonal food habits, condition, growth and distribution of Lake Oahe, South Dakota walleye during depressed prey fish conditions spring 2001 to spring 2002. South Dakota Department of Game, Fish and Parks, Fisheries Division Report 07–02, Pierre, USA.
- Hergenrader G.L., 1980. Current distribution and potential for dispersal of white perch (Morone americana) in Nebraska and adjacent waters. Am. Midl. Nat., 103, 404–406. [CrossRef]
- Hergenrader G.L. and Bliss Q.P., 1971. The white perch in Nebraska. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc., 100, 734–738. [CrossRef]
- Hodkin C.E., 2001. Population characteristics and food habits of white perch (Morone americana) in Branched Oak Lake, Nebraska, M.S. thesis, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 83 p.
- Jackson J., 1999. Branched Oak white perch control plan. Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, Lincoln, USA.
- Jackson J., 2008. Pawnee reservoir management plan. Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, Lincoln, USA.
- Kamler J.F. and Pope K.L., 2001. Nonlethal methods of examining fish stomach contents. Rev. Fish. Sci., 9, 1–11. [CrossRef]
- Knight R.L. and Vondracek B., 1993. Changes in prey fish populations in western Lake Erie, 1969–1988, as related to walleye, Stizostedion vitreum, predation. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 50, 1289–1298. [CrossRef]
- Kocovsky P.M. and Carline R.F., 2001. Influence of extreme temperatures on consumption and condition of walleyes in Pymatuning Sanctuary, Pennsylvania. N. Am. J. Fish. Manag., 21, 198–207. [CrossRef]
- Kuklinski K.E., 2007. Ecological investigation of the invasive white perch in Kaw Lake, Oklahoma. Proc. Okla. Acad. Sci., 87, 77–84.
- Larson C. and Boucher M., 2005. Stocking walleye as an experimental method of controlling yellow bass in Viking Lake. Fisheries management section completion reports, Iowa Department of Natural Resources, Des Moines, USA.
- Lawrence J.M., 1958. Estimated sizes of various forage fishes largemouth bass can swallow. Proc. Annu. Conf. Southeast. Assoc. Fish. Wildl. Agencies, 11, 220–225.
- Light R.W., Alder P.H. and Arnold D.E., 1983. Evaluation of gastric lavage for stomach analysis. N. Am. J. Fish. Manag., 3, 81–85. [CrossRef]
- Mansueti R.J., 1961. Movements, reproduction, and mortality of the white perch, Roccus americanus, in the Patuxent estuary, Maryland. Chesapeake Sci., 2, 142–205. [CrossRef]
- Mauck W.L. and Coble D.W., 1971. Vulnerability of some fishes to northern pike (Esox lucius) predation. J. Fish. Res. Board Can., 28, 957–969. [CrossRef]
- Meronek T.G., Bouchard P.M., Buckner E.R., Burri T.M., Demmerly K.K., Hatleli D.C., Klumb R.A., Schmidt S.H. and Coble D.W., 1996. A review of fish control projects. N. Am. J. Fish. Manage., 16, 63–74. [CrossRef]
- Miranda L.E. and Muncy R.J., 1989. Bioenergetic values of shads and sunfishes as prey for largemouth bass. Proc. Annu. Conf. Southeast. Assoc. Fish. Wildl. Agencies, 43, 153–163.
- Moyle P.B. and Cech J.J., 2004. Fishes: An Introduction to Ichthyology, 5th edn., Prentice-Hall, Inc., Upper Saddle River, USA.
- Paszkowski C.A. and Tonn W.M., 1994. Effects of prey size, abundance, and population structure on piscivory by yellow perch. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc., 123, 855–865. [CrossRef]
- Porath M.T., 2006. Climate and habitat factors related to a localized extirpation of gizzard shad (Dorosoma cepedianum). Great Plains Res., 16, 127–135.
- Prejs A., Martyniak A., Boron S., Hliwa P. and Koperski, P., 1994. Food web manipulation in a small, eutrophic Lake Wirbel, Poland: effects of stocking with juvenile pike on planktivorous fish. Hydrobiologia, 275/276, 65–70. [CrossRef]
- Prejs A., Pijanowska J., Koperski, P., Martyniak A., Boron S. and Hliwa P., 1997. Food web manipulation in a small, eutrophic Lake Wirbel, Poland: long-term changes in fish biomass and basic measures of water quality. A case study. Hydrobiologia, 342/343, 383–386. [CrossRef]
- Quist M.C., Guy C.S., Bernot R.J. and Stephen J.L., 2002. Seasonal variation in condition, growth and food habits of walleye in a Great Plains reservoir and simulated effects of an altered thermal regime. J. Fish Biol., 61, 1329–1344. [CrossRef]
- Scott W.B. and Crossman E.J., 1973. Freshwater fishes of Canada, Fisheries Research Board of Canada, Bulletin 184, Ottawa.
- Sierp M.T., Qin J.G. and Recknagel F., 2009. Biomanipulation: A review of biological control measures in eutrophic waters and the potential for Murray cod Maccullochella peelii peelii to promote water quality in temperate Australia. Rev. Fish Biol. Fish., 19, 143–165. [CrossRef]
- Sobotka G.L., 2005. Evaluation of walleye and largemouth bass in controlling yellow bass at Twelve Mile Lake. Fisheries management section completion reports, Iowa Department of Natural Resources, Des Moines, IA, USA.
- Swingle H.S., 1967. Experiments with the flathead catfish (“Pylodictis olivaris”) in ponds. Proc. Annu. Conf. Southeast. Assoc. Game. Fish. Comm., 18, 303–308.
- Thistle M.E., 2006. Distribution and risk-sensitive foraging of juvenile gadids in relation to fractal complexity of eelgrass (Zostera marina) habitat, M.S. thesis, Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- Truemper H.A. and Lauer T.E., 2005. Gape limitation and piscine prey size-selection by yellow perch in the extreme southern area of Lake Michigan, with emphasis on two exotic prey items. J. Fish. Biol., 66, 135–149. [CrossRef]
- Vrtiska L., Hodkin C.E., Severn A., Peters E.J. and Hoagland K.D., 2001. Branched Oak Reservoir project final report, Federal Aid Project F-133-R. Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, Lincoln, USA.
- Wahl D.H. and Stein R.A., 1988. Selective predation by three esocids: the role of prey behavior and morphology. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc., 117, 142–151. [CrossRef]
- Ward M.J., Willis D.W., Miller B.H. and Chipps S.R., 2007. Walleye consumption and long-term population trends following gizzard shad introduction into a western South Dakota reservoir. J. Freshw. Ecol., 22, 339–345. [CrossRef]
- Werner E.E., 1977. Species packing and the niche complementarity in three sunfishes. Am. Nat., 111, 553–578. [CrossRef]
- Wydoski R.S. and Wiley R.W., 1999. Management of undesirable fish species. In: Kohler C.C. and Hubert W.A. (eds.), Inland Fisheries Management in North America, 2nd edn., American Fisheries Society, Bethesda, 403–430.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.