Knowl. Managt. Aquatic Ecosyst.
Number 405, 2012
|Number of page(s)||12|
|Published online||06 July 2012|
- Abohweyere P.O. and Falaye E.A., 2008. Population parameters of Macrobrachium vollenhovenii in the Lagos-Lekki lagoon system, Nigeria. Journal of Fisheries International, 3, 27–33.
- Al-Barwani S.M., Arshad A., Nurul Amin S.M., Japar S.B., Siraj S.S. and Yap C.K., 2007. Population dynamics of the green mussel Perna viridis from the high spat-fall coastal water of Malacca, Peninsular Malaysia. Fish. Res., 147–152.
- Allen K.R., 1938. Some observations on the biology of the trout (Salmo trutta) in Windermere. J. Anim. Ecol. 7, 333–349. [CrossRef]
- Amador M.K., 1997. A review of the Volta Clam, Egeria radiata fishery in the Lower Volta, BSc thesis, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana.
- Attipoe F.Y.K. and Amoah C., 1989. Ecological and economic problems associated with the Volta Dam : the case of the Egeria and Macrobrachium fisheries of the lower Volta, Paper presented at the Ghana National Seminar on Inland Fisheries and Aquaculture, 1989, 20 p.
- Dickson B.K. and Benneh G., 1977. A new geography of Ghana. Longman Group Ltd., London, 173 p.
- Etim L. and Brey T., 1994. Growth, productivity, and significance for fishery of the bivalve Egeria radiata (Donacidae) in the Cross River, Nigeria. Archive of Fishery and Marine Research, 42, 63–75.
- Gaspar M.B., Pereira A.M., Vasconecelos P. and Monteiro C.C., 2004. Age and growth of Chamelea gallina from the Algarve coast (Southern Portugal) : influence of seawater temperature and gametogenic cycle on growth rate. J. Mollus. Stud., 70, 371–377. [CrossRef]
- Gaspar M.B., Santos M.N., Vasconcelos P. and Monteiro C.C., 2002. Shell morphometric relationships of the most common bivalve species (Mollusca : Bivalvia) of the Algarve coast (southern Portugal). Hydrobiologia, 477, 73–80. [CrossRef]
- Gulland J.A., 1965. Estimation of mortality rates, Annex to Arctic Fisheries Working Group Report ICES C.M./1965/D :3 (Mimeo), Reprinted as : Cushing P.H. (ed.), Key Papers on Fish Populations, IRL Press, Oxford, 231–241.
- King R.P., 2000. Poulation structure, growth performance and mortality rates of the freshwater clam Galatea paradoxa (Born, 1778) in Nun River, Nigeria. Archive of Fishery and Marine Research, 48, 21–30.
- King R.P., Egwali E.C. and Nkanta N.A., 1992. Population dynamics of the freshwater clam Galatea paradoxa (Donacidae) in the cross River, Nigeria. Fishbyte, 9, 34–36.
- Kwei E.A., 1965. The spawning and growth of the Volta oyster Egeria radiata (L.). Ghana Journal of Science, 5, 150–160.
- LeCren E.D., 1951. The length-weight relationship and seasonal cycle in gonad weight and condition in the perch (Perca fluviatilis). J. Anim. Ecol., 20, 201–219.
- Mancera E. and Mendo J., 1996. Population dynamics of the oyster Crassostrea rhizophorae from the Cienaga Grande de Santa Marta, Colombia. Fish. Res., 26, 139–148. [CrossRef]
- Martin W.R., 1949. The mechanics of environmental control of body form in fishes. University Toronto Student Biology, 58 (Publ. Ont. Fish. Res. Lab. 70), 1–91.
- Moses S.B., 1990. Growth, biomass, mortality, production and potential yield of the West African clam, Egeria radiata( Lamarck) (Lamellibranchia, Donacidae) in the Cross River system, Nigeria. Hydrobiolobia, 196, 1–15. [CrossRef]
- Moura P., Gaspar M.B. and Monteiro C.C., 2009. Age determination and growth rate of a Callista chione population from the southwestern coast of Portugal. Aquat. Biol., 5, 97–106. [CrossRef]
- Munro J.L. and Pauly D., 1983. A simple method for comparing the growth of fishes and invertebrates. Fishbyte, 1, 5–6.
- Nassar A.K.V., 1999. Length-weight relationships of tuna batifish from the Lakshadweep Island, India. Naga, ICLARM Quarterly, 22, 42–44.
- Pauly D., 1979. Gill size and temperature as governing factors in fish growth : a generalization of von Bertalanffy’s growth formula. Ber. Inst. Meereskd Christian-Albrechts University, Kiel, 63, 1–156.
- Pauly D., 1980. On the interrelationships between natural mortality, growth parameters and mean environmental temperature in 175 fish stocks. J. Cons. Int. Explor. Mer., 39, 175–192.
- Pauly D., 1984. Fish population dynamics in tropical waters : a manual for use with programmable calculators. ICLARM Contrib., 143, 325.
- Pauly D. and Caddy J.F., 1985. A modification of Bhattacharya’s method for the analysis of mixtures of normal distributions, FAO Fisheries Circular, FAO, Rome, 781, 16 p.
- Petraitis P.S., 1991. Recruitment of the mussel Mytilus edulis L. on sheltered and exposed shores in Maine, USA. J. Exp. Mar. Biol. Ecol., 147, 65–80. [CrossRef]
- Purchon R.D., 1963. A note on the biology of Egeria radiata Lam. (Bivalvia, Donacidae). Proceedings of the Malacological Society of London, 35, 251–271.
- Qasim S.Z., 1973. Some implications of the problem of age and growth in Marine fishes from Indian waters. Indian J. Fish, 20, 351–371.
- Rainer S.F. and Wadley V.A., 1991. Abundance, growth and production of the bivalve Solemya sp., a food source for juvenile rock lobsters in a seagrass community in Western Australia. J. Mar. Biol. Ecol., 152, 201–233. [CrossRef]
- Ricker W.E., 1975. Computation and interpretation of biological statistics of fish populations. Bull. Fish. Res. Board Can., 191, 382.
- Roper D.S., Pridmore R.D. and Thrush S.F., 1992. Recruitment to the macrobenthos of Macomona liliana (Bivalvia : Tellinidae) in Manukau Harbour, New Zealand. N. Z. J. Mar. Freshwater Res., 26, 385–392. [CrossRef]
- Rueda M. and Urban H.-J., 1998. Population dynamics and fishery of the freshwater clam Polymesoda solida (Corbiculidae) in Cienaga Poza Verde, Salamanca Island, Colombian Carribbean. Fish. Res., 39, 75–86. [CrossRef]
- Strasser M., Hertlein A. and Reise K., 2001. Differential recruitment of bivalve species in the northern Wadden Sea after the severe winter of 1995/96 and of subsequent milder winters. Helgoland Marine Research, 55, 182–189. [CrossRef]
- Tumanda Jr. M.I., Yap H.T., McManus L.T., Ingles J.A. and Lopez M.G., 1997. Growth, mortality and recruitment of the brown mussel, Modiolus metcalfei (Bivalvia : Mytilacea), in panguil Bay, Southern Philippines. Aquaculture, 154, 233–245. [CrossRef]
- Urban H.-J., 1998. Description and management of the clam fishery (Gari solida, Psammobiidae) from Bahia Independencia, Peru (14 °S). Fish. Res., 35, 199–207. [CrossRef]
- Vakily J.M., 1992. Determination and comparison of growth in bivalves, with emphasis on the tropics and Thailand, ICLARM Technical Report, 36, 125 p.
- Weber W., 1976. The influence of hydrographic factors on the spawning time of tropical fish. In : Tiews K. (ed.), Fisheries Resources and their Management in Southeast Asia, 269–281.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.