Knowl. Manag. Aquat. Ecosyst.
Number 419, 2018
Topical Issue on Fish Ecology
|Number of page(s)||12|
|Published online||31 January 2018|
- Abell R. 2002. Conservation biology for the biodiversity crisis: a freshwater follow-up. Conserv Biol 16: 1435–1437. [CrossRef]
- Bruton MN. 1995. Have fishes had their chips? The dilemma of threatened fishes. Environ Boil Fish 43: 1–27 [CrossRef]
- CCTV (China Central Television). 2014. A Bite of China II. Available at: http://shejian2.cntv.cn/.
- CCTV (China Central Television). 2016. Hainan Haikou: a large number dead fishes occurred in Meishe River. Available at: http://tv.cntv.cn/video/C10616/5314d4fa65e04e2589728081bad2a161.
- Chape S, Harrison J, Spalding M, Lysenko I. 2005. Measuring the extent and effectiveness of protected areas as an indicator for meeting global biodiversity targets. Philos T Roy Soc B 360: 443–455. [CrossRef]
- Chen YH. 2008. Avian biogeography and conservation on Hainan Island, China. Zool Sci 25: 59–67. [CrossRef]
- Chen YH. 2009. Distribution pattern and faunal characteristic of mammals on Hainan Island of China. Folia Zool 58: 372–384.
- Chen Y, Chen YF. 2010. Investigation and protection strategies of fishes of Lhasa River. Acta Hydrobiol Sin 34: 278–285. (in Chinese) [CrossRef]
- Collingsworth PD, Kohler CC. 2010. Abundance and habitat use of juvenile sunfish among different macrophyte stands. Lake Reserv Manag 26: 35–42. [CrossRef]
- Dudgeon D. 2000. The ecology of tropical Asian rivers and streams in relation to biodiversity conservation. Annu Rev Ecol Syst 31: 239–263. [CrossRef]
- Dudgeon D, Arthington AH, Gessner MO, Kawabata ZI, Knowler DJ, Leveque C, Naiman RJ, Prieur-Richard AH, Soto D, Stiassny MLJ, Sullivan CA. 2006. Freshwater biodiversity: importance, threats, status and conservation challenges. Biol Rev 81: 163–182. [CrossRef]
- Fu C, Wu J, Chen J, Wu Q, Lei G. 2003. Freshwater fish biodiversity in the Yangtze River basin of China: patterns, threats and conservation. Biodivers Conserv 12: 1649–1685. [CrossRef]
- Gleick PH. 2003. Global freshwater resources: soft path solutions for the 21st century. Science 302: 1524–1528. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Gu DE, Ma GM, Zhu YJ, Xu M, Luo D, Li YY, Wei H, Mu XD, Luo JR, Hu YC. 2015. The impacts of invasive Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) on the fisheries in the main rivers of Guangdong Province, China. Biochem Syst Ecol 59: 1–7. [CrossRef]
- Harding JS, Benfield EF, Bolstad PV, Helfman GS, Jones EBD. 1998. Stream biodiversity: the ghost of land use past. P Nat Acad Sci USA 95: 14843–14847. [CrossRef]
- Hermoso V, Clavero M, Blanco-Garrido F, Prenda J. 2011. Invasive species and habitat degradation in Iberian streams: an analysis of their role in freshwater fish diversity loss. Ecol Appl 21: 175–188. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Jiang HS. 2015. China wetlands resources Hainan volume. Beijing: China Forestry Publishing House.
- Kang B, He DM, Perrett L, Wang HY, Hu WX, Deng WD, Wu YF. 2009. Fish and fisheries in the upper Mekong: current assessment of the fish community, threats and conservation. Rev Fish Biol Fish 19: 465–480. [CrossRef]
- Karraker NE, Arrigoni J, Dudgeon D. 2010. Effects of increased salinity and an introduced predator on lowland amphibians in southern China: species identify matters. Biol Conserv 143: 1079–1086. [CrossRef]
- Kruk A. 2007. Role of habitat degradation in determining fish distribution and abundance along the lowland warta river, Poland. J Appl Ichthyol 23: 9–18. [CrossRef]
- Lei FM, Qu YH, Lu JL, LiuY, Yin ZH. 2003. Conservation on diversity and distribution patterns of endemic birds in China. Biodivers Conserv 12: 239–254. [CrossRef]
- Liao JW, Sun W, Yin QJ. 2009. Land use change and driving factors in west coastal area of Hainan Island since 1930s. J Subtrop Resour Environ 4: 17–23. (in Chinese)
- Meng JH, Lu YC, Lei XD, Liu G. 2011. Structure and floristics of tropical forests and their implications for restoration of degraded forests of China's Hainan Island. Trop Ecol 52: 177–191.
- Ministry of Agriculture. 2015. Report on the stat of the fishery eco-environment in China. Beijing. (in Chinese)
- Myers N, Mittermeier RA, Mittermeier CG, Da Fonseca GAB, Pacala SW, Levin SA. 2000. Biodiversity hotspots for conservation priorities. Nature 403: 853–858. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Naughton TL, Holland MB, Brandon K. 2005. The role of protected areas in conserving biodiversity and sustaining local livelihoods. Annu Rev Envrion Resour 30: 219–252. [CrossRef]
- Olden JD, Kennard MJ, Leprieur F, Tedesco PA, Winemiller KO, García-Berthou E. 2010. Conservation biogeography of freshwater fishes: recent progress and future challenges. Divers Distrib 16: 496–513. [CrossRef]
- . Pearl River Fisheries Research Institute. 1989. The freshwater and estuaries fishes of Hainan Island. Guangzhou: Guangdong Science and Technology Press (in Chinese).
- Pimentel D, Lach L, Zuniga R, Morrison D. 2000. Environmental and economic costs of non indigenous species in the United States. Bioscience 50: 53–65. [CrossRef]
- Qin BQ, Gao G, Zhu GW, Zhang YL, Song YZ, Tang XM, Xu H, Deng JM. 2013. Lake eutrophication and its ecosystem response. Chinese Sci Bull 58: 961–970. [CrossRef]
- Ribeiro F, Leunda PM. 2012. Non-native fish impacts on Mediterranean freshwater ecosystems: current knowledge and research needs. Fish Manag Ecol 19: 142–156. [CrossRef]
- Ricciardi A, Rasmussen JB. 1999. Extinction rates of North American freshwater fauna. Conserv Biol 13: 1220–1222. [CrossRef]
- Sodhi NS, Koh LP, Brook BW, Ng PKL. 2001. Southeast Asian biodiversity: an impending disaster. Trends Ecol Evol 19: 654–660. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Statistical Bureau of Hainan Province. 2016. Statistical yearbook of Hainan province. Haikou. (in Chinese)
- Strayer DL, Dudgeon D. 2010. Freshwater biodiversity conservation: recent progress and future challenges. J N Am Benthol Soc 29: 344–358. [CrossRef]
- Vörösmarty CJ, McIntyre PB, Gessner MO, Dudgeon D, Prusevich A, Green P, Glidden S, Bunn SE, Sullivan CA, Liermann CR, Davies P. 2010. Global threats to human water security and river biodiversity. Nature 467: 555–561. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Wang S, Xie Y. 2004. China species red list. Beijing: Higher Education. (in Chinese)
- Wang Q, Yu D, LiZQ, Wang LG. 2008. The effect of typhoons on the diversity and distribution pattern of aquatic plants on Hainan Island, South China. Biotropica 40: 692–699. [CrossRef]
- Wang QD, Cheng L, Liu JS, Li ZJ, Xie SQ, De Silva SS. 2015. Freshwater aquaculture in PR China: trends and prospects. Rev Aquacult 7: 283–302. [CrossRef]
- Wang H, Wang Q, Bowler PA, Xiong W. 2016. Invasive aquatic plants in China. Aquat Invasions 11: 1–9. [CrossRef]
- Xie P. 2003. Three Gorges dam: risk to ancient fish. Science 302: 1149. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Xie F, Lau MWN, Stuart SN, Chanson JS, Cox NA, Fischman DL. 2007. Conservation needs of amphibians in China: a review. Sci China Ser C 50: 265–276. [CrossRef]
- Xing YC, Zhang CG, Fan EY, Zhao YH. 2016. Freshwater fishes of China: species richness, endemism, threatened species and conservation. Divers Distrib 22: 358–370. [CrossRef]
- Xiong W, Sui XY, Liang SH, Chen YF. 2015. Non-native freshwater fish species in China. Rev Fish Biol Fish 25: 651–687. [CrossRef]
- Xiong W, Shen CY, Wu ZX, Lu HS, Yan YR. 2017. A brief overview of known introductions of non-native marine and coastal species into China. Aquat Invasion 12: 109–115. [CrossRef]
- Yan YZ, Chen YF, Tao J. 2009. Ecological invasion of Gambusia affinis: a review. Chin J Ecol 28: 950–958.
- Yap SY. 2002. On the distributional patterns of Southeast-East Asian freshwater fish and their history. J Biogeogr 29: 1187–1199. [CrossRef]
- Zakaria-Ismail M. 1994. Zoogeography and biodiversity of the freshwater fishes of Southeast Asia. Hydrobiologia 285: 41–48. [CrossRef]
- Zeng ZX, Zeng XZ. 1989. Nature geography of Hainan Island. Beijing: Science Press. (in Chinese)
- Zhang HD. 2001. The diversity of the Hainan flora. Ecol Sci 20: 1–10. (in Chinese)
- Zhang MX, Fellowes JR, Jiang XL, Wang W, Chan BPL, Ren GP, Zhu JG. 2010. Degradation of tropical forest in Hainan, China, 1991-2008: conservation implications for Hainan Gibbon (Nomascus hainanus). Biol Conserv 143: 1397–1404. [CrossRef]
- Zhang J, Wang DR, Jennerjahn T, Dsikowitzky L. 2013. Land-sea interactions at the east coast of Hainan Island, South China Sea: a synthesis. Cont Shelf Res 57: 132–142. [CrossRef]
- Zhao DB. 2015. Distribution, enrichment and sources of heavy metals in surface sediments of Hainan Island rivers, China. Environ Earth Sci 74: 5097–5110. [CrossRef]
- Zhao YH, Gozlan RE, Zhang C. Current state of freshwater fisheries in China. In: Craig JF, ed. Freshwater fisheries ecology. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2015, pp 221–229. [CrossRef]
- Zou FS, Song XJ, Jiang HS, Chen K. 1999. Types and characteristics of the wetland of Hainan Island. Trop Geogr 19: 204–207.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.