Knowl. Manag. Aquat. Ecosyst.
Number 418, 2017
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Published online||21 September 2017|
- Atalath J, Anderson MJ, Costello MJ. 2007. Temporal variability and intensity of grazing: a mesocosm experiment. Mar Ecol Prog Ser 341: 15–24. [CrossRef]
- Bakker ES, Van Donk E, Declerck SAJ, et al. 2010. Effects of macrophyte community composition and nutrient enrichment on plant biomass and algal blooms. Basic Appl Ecol 11: 432–439. [CrossRef]
- Barko JW, James WF. 1998. Effects of submerged aquatic macrophytes on nutrient dynamics, sedimentation, and resuspension. In: Jeppesen E, Søndergaard M, Søndergaard M, Christoffersen K, eds.The structuring role of submerged macrophytes in lakes. Ecological studies. New York: Springer, pp. 197–214.
- Blindow I, Andersson G, Hargeby A, Johansson S. 1993. Long-term pattern of alternative stable states in two shallow eutrophic lakes. Freshw Biol 30: 159–167. [CrossRef]
- Bronmask C. 1985. Interactions between macrophytes, epiphytes and herbivores: an experimental approach. Oikos 45: 26–30. [CrossRef]
- Cai Y, Gong Z, Qin B. 2009. Standing crop and spatial distributional pattern of Mollusca in Lake Taihu, 2006–2007. J Lake Sci 21: 713–719 (in Chinese with an English abstract). [CrossRef]
- Carpenter SR, Lodge DM. 1986. Effects of submersed macrophytes on ecosystem processes. Aquat Bot 26: 341–370. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Ciurli A, Zuccarini P, Alpi A. 2009. Growth and nutrient absorption of two submerged aquatic macrophytes in mesocosms, for reinsertion in a eutrophicated shallow lake. Wetl Ecol Manag 17: 107–115. [CrossRef]
- Ciutat A, Gerino M, Boudou A. 2007. Remobilization and bioavailability of cadmium from historically contaminated sediment: influence of bioturbation by tubificids. Ecotoxicol Environ Safe 68: 108–117. [CrossRef]
- Clesceri LS, Greenberg AE, Trussel RR. 1999. Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater, 17th ed. Washington, DC: American Public Health Association.
- Feminella JW, Hawkins CP. 1995. Interactions between stream herbivores and periphyton: a quantitative analysis of past experiments. J N Am Benthol Soc 14: 465–509. [CrossRef]
- Gao H, Qian X, Wu H, et al. 2017. Combined effects of submerged macrophytes and aquatic animals on the restoration of a eutrophic water body − a case study of Gonghu Bay, Lake Taihu. Ecol Eng 102: 15–23. [CrossRef]
- Gong Z, Li Y, Xie P. 2009. Population dynamics and production of Bellamya aeruginosa (Reeve) (Mollusca: Viviparidae) in Lake Donghu, Wuhan. J Lake Sci 21: 401–407 (in Chinese with an English abstract).
- Han S, Yan S, Chen K, et al. 2010. 15N isotope fractionation in an aquatic food chain: Bellamya aeruginosa (Reeve) as an algal control agent. J Environ Sci 22: 242–247. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Hansson LA. 1988. Effects of competitive interactions on the biomass development of planktonic and periphytic algae in lakes. Limnol Oceanogr 33: 121–128. [CrossRef]
- Hillebrand H. 2002. Top-down versus bottom-up control of autotrophic biomass − a meta-analysis on experiments with periphyton. J N Am Benthol Soc 21: 349–369. [CrossRef]
- Hillebrand H, Kahlert M, Haglund AL, et al. 2002. Control of microbenthic communities by grazing and nutrient supply. Ecology 83: 2205–2219. [CrossRef]
- Hilt S, Gross EM, Hupfer M. 2006. Restoration of submerged vegetation in shallow eutrophic lakes − a guideline and state of the art in Germany. Limnologica 36: 155–171. [CrossRef]
- Hough RA, Fornwall MD, Negele BJ, et al. 1989. Plant community dynamics in a chain of lakes: principal factors in the decline of rooted macrophytes with eutrophication. Hydrobiologia 173: 199–217. [CrossRef]
- Jespersen AM, Christoffersen K. 1987. Measurements of chlorophyll-a from phytoplankton using ethanol as extraction solvent. Arch Hydrobiol 109: 445–454.
- Li K, Liu Z, Binhe G. 2008. Persistence of clear water in a nutrient-impacted region of Lake Taihu: the role of periphyton grazing by snails. Fund Appl Limnol 173: 15–20. [CrossRef]
- Li K, Liu Z, Hu Y, Yang H. 2009. Snail herbivory on submerged macrophytes and nutrient release: implications for macrophyte management. Ecol Eng 35: 1664–1667. [CrossRef]
- Marks JC, Lowe RL. 1989. The independent and interactive effects of snail grazing and nutrient enrichment on structuring periphyton communities. Hydrobiologia 185: 9–17. [CrossRef]
- Mulderij G, Mooil WM, Smolders AJP, Van Donk E. 2005. Allelopathic inhibition of phytoplankton by exudates from Stratiotes aloides. Aquat Bot 82: 284–296. [CrossRef]
- Nakai S, Hosomi M, Okada M, Murakami A. 1996. Control of algal growth by macrophytes and macrophyte-extracted bioactive compounds. Water Sci Technol 34: 227–235.
- Nozaki K, Darijav K, Akatsuka T, et al. 2003. Development of filamentous green algae in the benthic algal community in a littoral sand-beach zone of Lake Biwa. Limnology 4: 161–165. [CrossRef]
- Pinowska A. 2002. Effects of snail grazing and nutrient release on growth of the macrophytes Ceratophyllum demersum and Elodea canadensis and the filamentous green alga Cladophora sp. Hydrobiologia 479: 83–94. [CrossRef]
- Qiu D, Wu Z, Liu B, et al. 2001. The restoration of aquatic macrophytes for improving water quality in hypertrophic shallow lake in Hubei Province, China. Ecol Eng 18: 147–156. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Reddy KR, Debusk TA. 1985. Nutrient removal potential of selected aquatic macrophytes. J Environ Qual 14: 459–462. [CrossRef]
- Reise K. 1985. Tidal flat ecology: an experimental approach to species interactions. New York: Springer-Verlag. [CrossRef]
- Soana E, Bartoli M. 2014. Seasonal regulation of nitrification in a rooted macrophyte (Vallisneria spiralis) meadow under eutrophic conditions. Aquat Ecol 48: 11–21. [CrossRef]
- Tan B, Zhu X, Ning X, et al. 2015. Effects of Parafossarulus striatulus on the growth of Vasllisneria spiralis. Acta Ecol Sin 35: 3199–3203 (in Chinese with an English abstract).
- Tuchman NC, Stevenson RJ. 1991. Effects of selective grazing by snails on benthic algal succession. J N Am Benthol Soc 10: 430–443. [CrossRef]
- Vadeboncoeur Y, Jeppesen E, Vander Zanden MJ, et al. 2003. From Greenland to green lakes: cultural eutrophication and the loss of benthic pathways in lakes. Limnol Oceanog 48: 1408–1418. [CrossRef]
- Wang H, Pan B, Liang X, Wang H. 2006. Gastropods on submersed macrophytes in Yangtze Lakes: community characteristics and empirical modeling. Int Rev Hydrobiol 91: 521–538. [CrossRef]
- Wei Y, Pu P. 1999. Abatement of the nitrogen and phosphorus concentration in water by the snail Bellamya aeruginosa in Lake Taihu. Resour Environ Yangtze Basin 8: 89–93 (in Chinese with an English abstract).
- Xie Y, An S, Yao X, et al. 2005. Short time response in root morphology of Vallisneria natans to sediment type and water-column nutrient. Aquat Bot 81: 85–96. [CrossRef]
- Zhang X, Liu Z, Gulati RD, Jeppesen E. 2013. The effect of benthic algae on phosphorus exchange between sediment and overlying water in shallow lake: a microcosm study using 32P as tracer. Hydrobiologia 710: 109–116. [CrossRef]
- Zhang X, Liu Z, Jeppesen E, Taylor WD. 2014. Effects of deposit-feeding tubificid worms and filter-feeding bivalves on benthic-pelagic coupling: Implications for the restoration of eutrophic shallow lakes. Water Res 50: 135–146. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [PubMed]
- Zhang X, Mei X, Gulati RD, Liu Z. 2015. Effects of N and P enrichments on the competition between phytoplankton and benthic algae in shallow lakes: based on a mesocosm study. Environ Sci Pollut Res 22: 4418–4424. [CrossRef]
- Zhu J, Lu K, Liu X. 2013. Can the freshwater snail Bellamya aeruginosa (Mollusca) affect phytoplankton community and water quality? Hydrobiologia 707: 147–157. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.