Knowl. Managt. Aquatic Ecosyst.
Number 407, 2012
|Number of page(s)||17|
|Published online||08 March 2013|
- Agostinho A.A., Pelicice F.M. and Gomes L.C., 2008. Dams and the fish fauna of the Neotropical region: impacts and management related to diversity and fisheries. Braz. J. Biol. 68, 1119–1132. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Bianchi G., Gislason H., Graham K., Hill L., Jin X., Koranteng K., Manickchand-Heileman S., Payà I., Sainsbury K., Sanchez F. and Zwanenburg K., 2000. Impact of fishing on size composition and diversity of demersal fish communities. J. Mar. Sci., 57, 558–571.
- Bunn S.E. and Arthington A.H, 2002. Basic principles and ecological consequences of altered flow regimes for aquatic biodiversity. Environmental Management, 30, 492–507. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Cao W.X., 2000. The natural reserve construction of endemic fishes in the upper Yangtze River and its related problems. Resources and environment in the Yangtze Basin, 9, 131–132 (in Chinese).
- Cao W.X., 2008. Several issues concerning protection of the Yangtze River Basin fish resources. Resources and environment in the Yangtze Basin, 17, 163–164 (in Chinese).
- Chen D.Q., Xiong F., Wang K. and Chang Y.H., 2009. Status of research on Yangtze fish biology and fisheries. Environ. Biol. Fish., 85, 337–357. [CrossRef]
- Clarke K.R., 1993. Non-parametric multivariate analyses of changes in community structure. Aust. J. Ecol., 18, 117–143. [CrossRef]
- Clarke K.R. and Warwick R.M., 1994. Changes in marine communities: an approach to statistical analysis and interpretation. Plymouth Marine Laboratory, Plymouth.
- Dan S.G., Zhang G.H., Miao Z.G. and Deng X., 1999. A survey on the commercial trammel net fishery in the upper reaches of the Yangtze River. Acta Hydrobiological Sinica, 23, 655–661 (in Chinese).
- Duan X.B., Liu S.P., Huang M.G., Qiu S.L., Li Z.H.Wang K. and Chen D.Q., 2009. Changes in the abundance of the larvae of the four domestic Chinese carps in the middle reach of the Yangtze River, China, before and after closing of the Three Gorges Dam. Environ. Biol. Fish., 86, 13–22. [CrossRef]
- Erman D.C., 1973. Upstream changes in fish populations following impoundment of Sagehen Creek, California. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc., 102, 626–629. [CrossRef]
- Fu C.Z., Wu J.H., Chen J.K., Wu Q.H. and Lei G.C., 2003. Freshwater fish biodiversity in the Yangtze River basin of China: patterns, threats and conservation. Biodiversity and Conservation, 12, 1649 − 1685. [CrossRef]
- Gao X., Zeng Y., Wang W.J. and Liu H.Z., 2010. Immediate impacts of the second impoundment on fish communities in the Three Gorges Reservoir. Environ. Biol. Fish, 87, 163–173. [CrossRef]
- Gido K.B., Matthews W.J. and Wolfinbarger W.C., 2000. Long-term changes in a reservoir fish assemblage: stability in an unpredictable environment. Ecol. Appl., 10, 1517–1529. [CrossRef]
- Gido K.B., Guy C.S., Strakosh T.R., Bernot R.J., Hase K.J. and Shaw M.A., 2002. Long-term changes in the fish assemblages of the Big Blue River basin 40 years after the construction of Tuttle Creek Reservoir. Trans. Kansas Acad. Sci., 105, 193–208. [CrossRef]
- Han M., Fukushima M., Kameyama S., Fukushima T. and Matsushita B., 2008. How do dams affect freshwater fish distribution in Japan? Statistical analysis of native and nonnative species with various life histories. Ecol. Res., 23, 735–743. [CrossRef]
- He Y.F., Wang J.W., Lek S., CAO W.X. and Lek-Ang S., 2011. Structure of endemic fish assemblage in the upper Yangtze River Basin. River Res. Appli., 27, 59–75. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Huang Z., Li Y., Chen Y., Li J., Xing Z., Ye M., Li J., Lu P., Li C. and Zhou X., 2006. Water quality prediction and water environmental carrying capacity calculation for Three Gorges Reservoir. China Water Power Press, Beijing (in Chinese).
- Jiang W., Liu H.Z., Duan Z.H. and Cao W.X., 2010. Seasonal variation in drifting eggs and larvae in the upper Yangtze, China. Zool. Sci., 27, 402–409. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Johnson P.T.J., Olden J.D. and Zanden M.J.V., 2008. Dam invaders: impoundments facilitate biological invasions into freshwaters. Front. Ecol. Environ., 6, 357–363. [CrossRef]
- Larinier M., 2000. Dams and fish migration. World Commission on Dams, Toulouse, France.
- Liu L.H., Wu G.X. and Wang Z.L., 1990. Reproduction ecology of Coreius heterodon (Bleeker) and Coreius guichenoti (Sauvage et Dabry) in the mainstream of the Changjiang River after the construction of Gezhouba Dam. Acta Hydrobiological Sinica, 14, 205–215 (in Chinese).
- Ministry of Agriculture of the People’s Republic of China, 2004. Survey Report on the National Reserve of the Upper Yangtze for Endangered and Endemic Fishes (in Chinese).
- Moyle P.B. and Leidy R.A., 1992. Loss of biodiversity in aquatic ecosystems: evidence from fish faunas. In: Fiedler P.L. and Jain S.K. (eds.) Conservation biology: the theory and practice of nature conservation, preservation and management. Chapman and Hall, New York, pp. 127–169.
- Nelson J.S., 1994. Fishes of the world. Wiley, New York.
- Park Y.S., Chang J.B., Lek S., Cao W.X. and Brosse S., 2003. Conservation strategies for endemic fish species threatened by the Three Gorges Dam. Conservation Biology, 17, 1748–1758. [CrossRef]
- Penczak T. and Kruk A., 1999. Application of the abundance/biomass comparison method for detecting human impacts on fish population in the Pilica River, Poland. Fish. Res., 39, 229–240. [CrossRef]
- Penczak T., Glowacki L., Galicka W. and Koszali’nski H., 1998. A long-term study (1985–1995) of fish population in the impounded Warta River, Poland. Hydrobiologia, 368, 157–173. [CrossRef]
- Quinn J.W. and Kwak T.J., 2003. Fish assemblage changes in an Ozark river after impoundment: a long-term perspective. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc., 132, 110–119. [CrossRef]
- Quist M.C., Hubert W.A. and Rahel F.J., 2005. Fish assemblage structure following impoundment of a Great Plains river. Western North American Naturalist, 65, 53–63.
- Reid S.M., 2004. Post-impoundment changes to the Speed River fish assemblage. Canadian Water Resources Journal, 29, 183–194. [CrossRef]
- Thornton K.W., Kimmel B.L. and Payne F.E., 1990. Reservoir limnology: Ecological perspectives. John Wiley, New York.
- Warwick R.M., 1986. A new method for detecting pollution effects on marine macrobenthic communities. Mar. Biol., 92, 557–562. [CrossRef]
- Winston M.R., Taylor C.M. and Pigg J., 1991. Upstream extirpation of four minnow species due to damming of a prairie stream. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc., 120, 98–105. [CrossRef]
- Wu J., Wang J., He Y. and Cao W., 2011. Fish assemblage structure in the Chishui River, a protected tributary of the Yangtze River. Knowl. Managt. Aquatic Ecosyst., 400, 11. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Wu Q., Duan X.B., Xu S.Y., Xiong C.X. and Chen D.Q., 2007. Studies on fishery resources in the three Gorges Reservoir of the Yangtze River. Freshwater Fisheries, 37, 70–75 (in Chinese).
- Yang S.R., Gao X., Li M.Z., Ma B.S. and Liu H.Z., 2012. Interannual variations of the fish assemblage in the transitional zone of the Three Gorges Reservoir: persistence and stability. Environ. Biol. Fish., 93, 295–304. [CrossRef]
- Yemane D., Field J.G. and Leslie R.W., 2005. Exploring the effects of fishing on fish assemblages using Abundance Biomass Comparison (ABC) curves. J. Mar. Sci., 62, 374–379.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.