Knowl. Managt. Aquatic Ecosyst.
Number 414, 2014
|Number of page(s)||21|
|Published online||28 July 2014|
- Allen D.C. and Vaughn C.C., 2010. Complex hydraulic and substrate variables limit freshwater mussel species richness and abundance. J.N. Am. Benthol. Soc., 29, 383–394. [CrossRef]
- Anlauf K.J. and Moffitt C.M., 2008. Models of stream habitat characteristics associated with tubificid populations in an intermountain watershed. Hydrobiologia, 603, 147–158. [CrossRef]
- APHA, 2012. Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater 22 ed. American Public Health Association, Washington, DC.
- Arthington A.H., Naiman R.J., McClain M.E. and Nilsson C., 2010. Preserving the biodiversity and ecological services of rivers: new challenges and research opportunities. Freshwater Biol., 55, 1–16. [CrossRef]
- Augspurger T., Dwyer F.J., Ingersoll C.G. and Kane C.M., 2007. Advances and opportunities in assessing contaminant sensitivity of freshwater mussel (Unionidae) early life stages. Environ. Toxicol. Chem., 26, 2025–2028. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Bucci J.P., Showers W.J., Levine J.F. and Usry B., 2008. Valve gape response to turbidity in two freshwater bivalves (Corbicula fluminea and Lampsilis radiata). J. Freshwater Ecol., 23, 479–483. [CrossRef]
- Buss D.F., Baptista D.F., Silveira M.P., Nessimian J.L. and Dorvillé L.F.M., 2002. Influence of water chemistry and environmental degradation on macroinvertebrate assemblages in a river basin in south-east Brazil. Hydrobiologia 481, 125–136. [CrossRef]
- Cai Y.J., Gong Z.J. and Qin B.Q., 2012a. Benthic macroinvertebrate community structure in Lake Taihu, China: Effects of trophic status, wind-induced disturbance and habitat complexity. J. Great Lakes Res., 38, 39–48. [CrossRef]
- Cai Y.J., Jiang J.H., Zhang L., Chen Y.W. andGong Z.J., 2012b. Simplification of macrozoobenthic assemblages related to anthropogenic eutrophication and cyanobacterial blooms in two large shallow subtropical lakes in China. Aquat. Ecosyst. Health Manage., 15, 81–91. [CrossRef]
- Cai Y.J., Jiang J.H., Zhang L., Chen Y.W. and Gong Z.J., 2013. Structure of macrozoobenthos in lakes along the Yangtze River and relationships with environmental characteristics. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 33, 4985–4999 (in chinese with english abstract). [CrossRef]
- Chutter F.M., 1969. The effects of silt and sand on the invertebrate fauna of streams and rivers. Hydrobiologia, 34, 57–76. [CrossRef]
- Cope W.G., Bringolf R.B., Buchwalter D.B., Newton T.J., Ingersoll C.G., Wang N., Augspurger T., Dwyer F.J., Barnhart M.C. and Neves R.J., 2008. Differential Exposure, Duration, and Sensitivity of Unionoidean Bivalve Life Stages to Environmental Contaminants. J.N. Am. Benthol. Soc., 27, 451−462. [CrossRef]
- Covich, A., Austen, M., Baerlocher, F., Chauvet, E., Cardinale, B., Biles, C., Inchausti P., Dangles O., Solan M. and Gessner M., 2004. The Role of Biodiversity in the Functioning of Freshwater and Marine Benthic Ecosystems. Bioscience, 54, 767–775. [CrossRef]
- Dai Y.Z., Tang S.Y. and Zhang J.B., 2000. The distribution of zoobenthos species and bioassessment of water quality in Dongting Lake. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 20, 277–282 (in chinese with english abstract).
- Dalu T., Clegg B. and Nhiwatiwa T., 2012. Macroinvertebrate communities associated with littoral zone habitats and the influence of environmental factors in Malilangwe Reservoir, Zimbabwe. Knowl. Manag. Aquat. Ecosyst., 406, 1–5.
- Davidson T.A., Mackay A.W., Wolski P., Mazebedi R., Murray-Hudson M. and Todd M., 2012. Seasonal and spatial hydrological variability drives aquatic biodiversity in a flood-pulsed, sub-tropical wetland. Freshwater Biol., 57, 1253–1265. [CrossRef]
- de Leeuw, J., Shankman D., Wu G., de Boer W.F., Burnham J., He Q., Yesou H. and Xiao J., 2010. Strategic assessment of the magnitude and impacts of sand mining in Poyang Lake, China. Reg. Environ. Change, 10, 95–102. [CrossRef]
- Donohue I. and Irvine K., 2003. Effects of sediment particle size composition on survivorship of benthic invertebrates from Lake Tanganyika, Africa. Archiv. Hydrobiol., 157, 131–144. [CrossRef]
- Erman D. and Erman N., 1984. The response of stream macroinvertebrates to substrate size and heterogeneity. Hydrobiologia, 108, 75–82. [CrossRef]
- Feng L., Hu C.M., Chen X.L., Cai X.B., Tian L.Q. and Gan W.X., 2012. Assessment of inundation changes of Poyang Lake using MODIS observations between 2000 and 2010. Remote Sens. Environ., 121, 80–92. [CrossRef]
- Finlayson M., Harris J., McCartney M., Young L. and Zhang C., 2010. Report on Ramsar visit to Poyang Lake Ramsar site, P.R. China, 12–17 April 2010. Secretariat of the Ramsar Convention, BeiJing, 34 p.
- Gong X.F., Chen C.L., Zhou W.B., Jian M.F. and Zhang Z.H., 2006. Assessment on heavy metal pollution in the sediment of Poyang Lake. Environmental Science, 27, 732–736 (in chinese with english abstract).
- Hu J.Y. and Yao W.Q., 1981. Investigation of macrozoobenthos in Lake Chaohu, China. Journal of Anhui University (Natural Science Edition), 2, 159–173 (in chinese).
- Huang Y.P. (ed.), 2001. The Water Environment and Pollution Control of Lake Taihu. Science Press, Beijing, Beijing, 271 p. (in chinese).
- Jiang J.H., Dou H.S. and Su S.D., 2009. Freshwater lake groups in the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze and Huaihe Rivers. ChangJiang Press, Wuhan 428 p. (in chinese).
- Johnson P.D. and Brown K.M., 2000. The importance of microhabitat factors and habitat stability to the threatened Louisiana pearl shell, Margaritifera hembeli (Conrad). Can. J. Zool., 78, 271–277. [CrossRef]
- Johnson R.K., Goedkoop W. and Sandin L., 2004. Spatial scale and ecological relationships between the macroinvertebrate communities of stony habitats of streams and lakes. Freshwater Biol., 49, 1179−1194. [CrossRef]
- Karatayev A.Y., Burlakova L.E., Kesterson T. and Padilla D.K., 2003. Dominance of the Asiatic clam, Corbicula fluminea (Muller), in the benthic community of a reservoir. J. Shellfish Res., 22, 487−493.
- Liu Y.Y., Zhang W.Z., Wang Y.X. and Wang E.Y., 1979. Economic Fauna of China: Freshwater Mollusca. Science Press, Beijing, 134 p. (in chinese).
- Liu, Y.J., Ou Yang S. and Wu X.P., 2008. Distribution and status of freshwater bivalves in the Poyang Lake. JiangXi Science, 26, 280–299 (in chinese with english abstract).
- Lu Q.G., 1985. Bioassessment of water quality using macrozoobenthos in Lake Dongting. Environmental Science, 6, 59–63 (in chinese).
- Madon S., Schneider D., Stoeckel J. and Sparks R., 1998. Effects of inorganic sediment and food concentrations on energetic processes of the zebra mussel, Dreissena polymorpha: implications for growth in turbid rivers. Can J. Fish Aquat. Sci., 55, 401–413. [CrossRef]
- Morse J.C., Yang L.F. and Tian L.X., 1994. Aquatic Insects of China Useful for Monitoring Water Quality. Hohai University Press, Nanjing, 570 p.
- Negishi J.N., Sagawa S., Kayaba Y., Sanada S., Kume M. and Miyashita T., 2012. Mussel responses to flood pulse frequency: the importance of local habitat. Freshwater Biol., 57, 1500–1511. [CrossRef]
- Newell R., Seiderer L. and Robinson J., 2001. Animal: sediment relationships in coastal deposits of the eastern English Channel. J. Mar. Biol. Assoc. U.K., 81, 1–9. [CrossRef]
- Nilsson C., Reidy C.A., Dynesius M. and Revenga C., 2005. Fragmentation and flow regulation of the world’s large river systems. Science, 308, 405–408. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development), 1982. Eutrophication of waters, monitoring assessment and control, Paris.
- Osterling, E.M., Bergman, E., Greenberg, L.A., Baldwin, B.S. and Mills E.L., 2007. Turbidity-mediated interactions between invasive filter-feeding mussels and native bioturbating mayflies. Freshwater Biol., 52, 1602–1610. [CrossRef]
- Österling M.E., Arvidsson B.L. and Greenberg L.A., 2010. Habitat degradation and the decline of the threatened mussel Margaritifera margaritifera: influence of turbidity and sedimentation on the mussel and its host. J. Appl. Ecol., 47, 759–768. [CrossRef]
- Ou Yang S., Zhan C., Chen T.H., Wu H.L. and Wu X.P., 2009. Species diversity and resource assessment of macrozoobenthos in Poyang Lake. Journal of Nanchang University (Engineering & Technology), 31, 9–13 (in chinese with english abstract).
- Pan B.Z., Wang H.J., Liang X.M. and Wang H.Z., 2011. Macrozoobenthos in Yangtze floodplain lakes: patterns of density, biomass, and production in relation to river connectivity. J.N. Am. Benthol. Soc., 30, 589–602. [CrossRef]
- Tang H.Q., 2006. Biosystematic study on the chironomid larvae in China (Diptera: Chironomidae). Nankai University, TianJing, 945 p. (in chinese with english abstract).
- Tews J., Brose U., Grimm V., Tielbörger K., Wichmann M.C., Schwager M. and Jeltsch F., 2004. Animal species diversity driven by habitat heterogeneity/diversity: the importance of keystone structures. J. Biogeogr., 31, 79–92. [CrossRef]
- Thomaz, S., Bini, L., and Bozelli R., 2007. Floods increase similarity among aquatic habitats in river-floodplain systems. Hydrobiologia, 579, 1–13. [CrossRef]
- Tockner K. and Stanford J.A., 2002. Riverine flood plains: present state and future trends. Environ. Conserv., 29, 308–330.
- Tockner K., Ward J., Edwards P. and Kollmann J., 2002. Riverine landscapes: an introduction. Freshwater Biol., 47, 497–500. [CrossRef]
- Tolonen K.T., Hamalainen H., Holopainen I.J. and Karjalainen J., 2001. Influences of habitat type and environmental variables on littoral macroinvertebrate communities in a large lake system. Archiv. Hydrobiol., 152, 39–67.
- Vörösmarty C.J., McIntyre P., Gessner M.O., Dudgeon D., Prusevich A., Green P., Glidden S., Bunn S.E., Sullivan C.A. and Liermann C.R., 2010. Global threats to human water security and river biodiversity. Nature, 467, 555–561. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Wang H.Z., 2002. Studies on Taxonomy, Distribution and Ecology of Microdrile Oligochaetes of China, with Descriptions of Two New Species from the Vicinity of the Great Wall Station of China, Antarctica. Higher Education Press, Beijing, 228 p. (in chinese).
- Wang H.Z., Xie Z.C., Wu X.P. and Liang Y.L., 1999. A preliminary study of zoobenthos in the Poyang Lake, the largest freshwater lake of China, and its adjoining reaches of Changjiang River. Acta Hydrobiologica Sinica, 23, 132–138.
- Wang H.Z., Xu Q.Q., Cui Y.D. and Liang Y.L., 2007. Macrozoobenthic community of Poyang Lake, the largest freshwater lake of China, in the Yangtze floodplain. Limnology 8, 65–71. [CrossRef]
- Wang, X.Z, Cai Q.H., Jiang W.X. and Qu X.D., 2012. Inter-annual patterns in the stability and persistence of stream macroinvertebrate communities: relationship with water physicochemical parameters. J. Freshwater Ecol., 28, 79–90. [CrossRef]
- Ward J., Tockner K., Arscott D. and Claret C., 2002. Riverine landscape diversity. Freshwater Biol., 47, 517–539. [CrossRef]
- Weatherhead M.A. and James M.R., 2001. Distribution of macroinvertebrates in relation to physical and biological variables in the littoral zone of nine New Zealand lakes. Hydrobiologia, 462, 115–129. [CrossRef]
- Wu H.L., OuYang S., Zhan C. and Wu X.P., 2008. The Summ er Freshwater Snails Conmmunity Structure in Poyang Lake. JiangXi Science, 26, 97–101 (in chinese with english abstract).
- Wu, X.P., Ou Yang S. and Hu Q.Y., 1994. Bivalves (Mollusca) of the Poyang Lake. Journal of Nanchang University (Natural Science), 18, 249– 252 (in chinese with english abstract).
- Xie Q.M., Li Y. and Xiong G.G., 1995. Studies on the ecology of zoobenthos and the estimation of bottom-fish productivity in Poyang Lake. JiangXi Science, 13, 161–170 (in chinese with english abstract).
- Xie, Z.C, Cai, Q.H, Tang T., Ma K., Liu R.Q. and Ye L., 2003. Structure of macrozoobenthos of the east Dongting Nature Reserve, with emphasis on relationships with environmental variables. J. Freshwater Ecol., 18, 405–413. [CrossRef]
- Xie Z.C., Zhang J.Q., Chen J., Ma K., Liu R.Q., Wang Y.P. and Cai Q.H., 2007. Spatial distributional pattern of macrozoobenthos and pollution evaluation in East Lake Dongting Reserve. Journal of Lake Sciences, 19, 289–298 (in chinese with english abstract).
- Xiong L.F., Ou Yang S., Chen T.H., Qi T. and Wu X.P., 2011a. Diversity patterns of freshwater mussels in Poyang Lake area. Journal of Nanchang University (Natural Science) 35, 288–295 (in chinese with english abstract).
- Xiong L.F., Ou Yang S., Chen T.H., Qi T. and Wu X.P., 2011b. The comparative study of resource status on freshwater mussel in two lakes of different usage in Poyang Lake area. Journal of Shanghai Ocean University, 20, 204–210 (in chinese with english abstract).
- Yang G.S., Ma R.H., Zhang L., Jiang J.H., Yao S.C., Zhang M. and Zeng H.A., 2010. Lake status, major problems and protection strategy in China. Journal of Lake Sciences, 22, 799–810 (in chinese with english abstract).
- Zhang C.W., Zhang T.L., Zhu T.B., Li W. and Xie Z.C., 2012. Community structure of macrozoobenthos and its relationship with environmental factors in Lake Hongze. Journal of Hydroecology, 33, 27–33 (in chinese with english abstract).
- Zhang M.H., Xu L., Xie G.L., Liu Y.B., Liu X.M., Song S.C., Ou Yang S. and Wu X.P., 2013. Species diversity, distribution and conservation of freshwater mollusk in Poyang Lake basin. Marine Sciences 37, 114–124 (in chinese with english abstract).
- Zhu S.Q. and Dou H.S., 1993. Lake Hongze. Press of University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, 227 p (in chinese).
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.