- Arias L., Sanchez L. and Martinez P., 1995. Low stocking incidence in brown trout populations from northwestern Spain monitored by LDH-5* diagnostic markers. J. Fish Biol., 47, 170–176. [CrossRef]
- Balon E.K., 1962. Age and growth of the spawning shoal of Thymallus thymallus (Linnaeus, 1758) from a riverine lake on the Hnilec River. Zool. Listy, 25, 145–154.
- Brännäs E., 1995. First access to territorial space and exposure to strong predation pressure : a conflict of early emerging Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Evol. Ecol., 9, 411–420. [CrossRef]
- Brown C. and Laland K., 2001. Social learning and life skills training for hatchery-reared fish. J. Fish Biol., 59, 471–493. [CrossRef]
- Carlstein M., 1997. Effects of rearing technique and fish size on post-stocking feeding, growth and survival of European grayling, Thymallus thymallus (L.). Fish. Manag. Ecol., 4, 391–404. [CrossRef]
- Carlstein M. andEriksson L.-O., 1996. Post-stocking dispersal of European grayling, Thymallus thymallus L., in a seminatural experimental stream. Fish. Manag. Ecol., 3, 143–155. [CrossRef]
- Cowx I.G., 1994. Stocking strategies. Fish. Manag. Ecol., 1, 15–30. [CrossRef]
- Ersbak K. and Haase B.L., 1983. Nutritional deprivation after stocking as a mechanism leading to mortality in stream-stocked brook trout. N. Am. J. Fish. Manage., 3, 142–151. [CrossRef]
- Finstad B., Iversen M. and Sandodden R., 2003. Stress-reducing methods for releases of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) smolts in Norway. Aquaculture, 222, 203–214. [CrossRef]
- Flick W.A. and Webster D.A., 1964. Comparative first year survival and production in wild and domestic strains of brook trout, Salvelinus fontinalis. Am. Fish. Soc., 93, 58–69. [CrossRef]
- Glova G.J. and Field-Dodgson M.S., 1995. Behavioral interactions between chinook salmon and brown trout juveniles in a simulated stream. Am. Fish. Soc., 124, 194–206. [CrossRef]
- Huet M., 1986. Textbook of Fish Culture : Breeding and Cultivating of Fish, 2nd edition, Fishing News Books Ltd., Farnham, Surrey, 438 p.
- Huntingford F.A. and De Leaniz C.G., 1997. Social dominance, prior residence and the acquisition of profitable feeding sites in juvenile Atlantic salmon. J. Fish Biol., 51, 1009–1014. [CrossRef]
- Johnsen B.O. and Hesthagen T., 1990. Recapture of pond- and hatchery-reared brown trout, Salmo trutta L., released in small streams. Aquac. Fish. Manag., 21, 245–252.
- Johnsen B.O. and Ugedal O., 1986. Feeding by hatchery-reared and wild brown trout, Salmo trutta L., in a Norwegian stream. Aquac. Fish. Manag., 17, 281–287.
- Johnsen B.O. and Ugedal O., 1990. Feeding by hatchery- and pond-reared brown trout (Salmo trutta L.), fingerlings released in a lake and in a stream. Aquac. Fish. Manag., 21, 253–258.
- Johnsson J.I., Nöbbelin F. and Bohlin T., 1999. Territorial competition among wild brown trout fry : effects of ownership and body size. J. Fish Biol., 54, 469–472. [CrossRef]
- Jonsson S., Brännäs E. and Lundqvist H., 1999. Stocking of brown trout, Salmo trutta L. effects of acclimatization. Fish. Manag. Ecol., 6, 459–473. [CrossRef]
- Kaya C.M. and Jeanes E.D., 1995. Retention of adaptive rheotactic behaviour by F1 fluvial Arctic grayling. Am. Fish. Soc., 124, 453–457. [CrossRef]
- Kenward M.G. and Roger J.H., 1997. Small sample inference for fixed effects from restricted maximum likelihood. Biometrics, 53, 983–997. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Liang K.Y. and Zeger S.L., 1986. Longitudinal data analysis using generalized linear models. Biometrika, 73, 13–22. [CrossRef]
- Lusk S., 1975. Distribution and growth rate of grayling (Thymallus thymallus) in the drainage area of the Svratka river. Folia Zool. Brno, 24, 385–399.
- Magee J.P. and Byorth P.A., 1994. Competitive interactions of fluvial Arctic grayling (Thymallus arcticus) and Brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis) in the Upper Big Hole River, Montana, Dillon, MT : Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks, 38 p.
- Miller R.B., 1954. Comparative survival of wild and hatchery-reared cutthroat trout in a stream. T. Am. Fish. Soc., 83, 120–130. [CrossRef]
- Näslund I., 1992. Survival and distribution of pond- and hatchery-reared 0 + brown trout, Salmo trutta L., released in a Swedish stream. Aquac. Fish. Manag., 23, 477–488.
- Olla B.L., Davis M.W. and Ryer C.H., 1998. Understanding how the hatchery environment represses or promotes the development of behavioral survival skills. Bull. Mar. Sci., 62, 531–550.
- Rhodes J.S. and Quinn T.P., 1998. Factors affecting the outcome of territorial contest between hatchery and naturally reared coho salmon parr in the laboratory. J. Fish Biol., 53, 1220–1230. [CrossRef]
- Saikkonen A., Kekäläinen J. and Piironen J., 2011. Rapid growth of Atlantic salmon juveniles in captivity may indicate poor performance in nature. Biol. Conserv., 144, 2320–2327. [CrossRef]
- Salonen A. andPeuhkuri N., 2004. A short history : Does it make a difference to aggressiveness in European grayling? J. Fish Biol., 65 (Suppl. A), 231–239. [CrossRef]
- Steward C.R. and Bjorn T.C., 1990. Supplementation of salmon and steelhead stocks with hatchery fish : a synthesis of published literature, Tech. Rep. No. 90–1 for The Office of Information Transfer, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Dworshak Fisheries Assistance Office, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and Bonneville Power Administration.
- Thorfve S., 2002. Impacts of in-stream acclimatization in post-stocking behaviour of European grayling in a Swedish stream. Fish. Manag. Ecol., 9, 253–260 [CrossRef]
- Thorfve S. and Carlstein M., 1998. Post-stocking behaviour of hatchery-reared European grayling (Thymallus thymallus L.) and brown trout (Salmo trutta L.) in a semi-natural stream. Fish. Manag. Ecol., 5, 147–159. [CrossRef]
- Turek J., Randák T., Horký P., Žlábek V., Velíšek J., Slavík O. and Hanák R., 2010a. Post-release growth and dispersal of pond and hatchery reared European grayling, Thymallus thymallus, compared to their wild conspecifics in a small stream. J. Fish Biol., 76, 684–693. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Turek J., Horký P., Velíšek J., Slavík O., Hanák R. and Randák T., 2010b. Recapture rate and growth of hatchery-reared brown trout (Salmo trutta v. fario, L.) in Blanice River and the effect of stocking on wild brown trout and grayling (Thymallus thymallus, L.). J. Appl. Ichthyol., 26, 881–885. [CrossRef]
- Vincent R.E., 1960. Some influences of domestication upon three stocks of brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis Mitchill). Am. Fish. Soc., 89, 35–52. [CrossRef]
- Weber E.D. and Fausch K.D., 2003. Interactions between hatchery and wild salmonids in streams : differences in biology and evidence for competition. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 60, 1018–1036. [CrossRef]
- Weiss S. and Schmutz S., 1999. Performance of hatchery-reared brown trout and their effects on wild fish in two small Austrian streams. Am. Fish. Soc., 128, 302–316. [CrossRef]
Knowl. Managt. Aquatic Ecosyst.
Number 405, 2012
|Number of page(s)||10|
|Published online||29 June 2012|