- Bache B.W. and Williams E.G., 1971. Phosphate sorption index for soils. J. Soil Sci., 22, 289–301. [CrossRef]
- Borda T., Withers P.J.A., Sacco D., Zavattaro L. and Barberis E., 2010. Predicting mobilization of suspended sediments and phosphorus from soil properties: a case study from the north west Po valley, Piemonte, Italy. Soil Use Manage., 26, 310–319. [CrossRef]
- Datta S.P., Rattan R.K. and Chandra S., 2010. Labile soil organic carbon, soil fertility, and crop productivity as influenced by manure and mineral fertilizers in the tropics. J. Plant Nutr. Soil Sci., 173, 715–726. [CrossRef]
- Dorich R.A., Nelson D.W. and Sommers L.E., 1984. Availability of phosphorus to algae from eroded soil fractions. Agric. Ecosyst. Environ., 11, 253–264. [CrossRef]
- Fang F., Brezonik P.L., Mulla D.J. and Hatch L.K., 2005. Characterization of soil algal bioavailable phosphorus in the Minnesota river basin. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., 69, 1016–1025. [CrossRef]
- Hiradate S. and Uchida N., 2004. Effects of soil organic matter on pH-dependent phosphate sorption by soils. Soil Sci. Plant. Nutr., 50, 665–675. [CrossRef]
- Indiati R., Trujillo I. and Gutierrez F., 2002. Characterization of P adsorption properties of some agricultural volcanic soils from Canary Islands, Spain. Trop. Agric., 79, 254–259.
- Janardhanan L. and Daroub S.H., 2010. Phosphorus sorption in organic soils in south Florida. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., 74, 1597–1606. [CrossRef]
- Jarvie H.P., Jurgens M.D., Williams R.J., Neal C., Davies J.J.L., Barrett C. and White J., 2005. Role of river bed sediments as sources and sinks of phosphorus across two major eutrophic UK river basins: the Hampshire Avon and Herefordshire Wye. J. Hydrol., 304, 51–74. [CrossRef]
- Kerr J.G., Burford M., Olley J. and Udy J., 2011. Phosphorus sorption in soils and sediments: implications for phosphate supply to a subtropical river in southeast Queensland, Australia. Biogeochemistry, 102, 73–85. [CrossRef]
- Li M., Hou Y.L. and Zhu B., 2007. Phosphorus sorption-desorption by purple soils of China in relation to their properties. Aust. J. Soil Res., 45, 182–189. [CrossRef]
- Lopez-Pineiro A., Cabrera D., Pena D., Albarran A. and Nunes J.M.R., 2009. Phosphorus adsorption and fractionation in a two-phase olive Mill waste amended soil. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., 73, 1539–1544. [CrossRef]
- Luo Z.X., Zhu B., Tang J.L. and Wang T., 2009. Phosphorus retention capacity of agricultural headwater ditch sediments under alkaline condition in purple soils area, China. Ecol. Eng., 35, 57–64. [CrossRef]
- McDowell R.W. and Sharpley A.N., 2001. A comparison of fluvial sediment phosphorus (P) chemistry in relation to location and potential to influence stream P concentrations. Aquat. Geochem., 7, 255–265. [CrossRef]
- Mohammadi S., Kalbasi M. and Shariatmadari H., 2009. Cumulative and residual effects of organic fertilizer application on selected soil properties, water soluble P, Olsen-p and P sorption index. J. Agric. Sci. Technol., 11, 487–497.
- Olsen S.R., Cole C.V., Watanabe F.S. and Dean L.A., 1954. Estimation of available phosphorus in soils by extraction with sodium bicarbonate. In: USDA Circular, USDA, Washington DC, 939 p.
- Pothig R., Behrendt H., Opitz D. and Furrer G., 2010. A universal method to assess the potential of phosphorus loss from soil to aquatic ecosystems. Environ. Sci. Pollut. R., 17, 497–504. [CrossRef]
- Quang V.D., Thai V.C., Linh T.T.T. and Dufey J.E., 1996. Phosphorus sorption in soils of the Mekong delta (Vietnam) as described by the binary Langmuir equation. Eur. J. Soil Sci., 47, 113–123. [CrossRef]
- Saunders W.M.H. and Williams E.G., 1955. Observations on the determination of total organic phosphorus in soils. J. Soil Sci., 6, 254–267. [CrossRef]
- Serrano L., Burgos M.D., Diaz-Espejo A. and Toja S., 1999. Phosphorus inputs to wetlands following storm events after drought. Wetlands, 19, 318–326. [CrossRef]
- Shang G.P. and Shang J.C., 2005. Causes and control countermeasures of eutrophication in Chaohu lake, China. Chinese Geogr. Sci., 15, 348–354. [CrossRef]
- Sharpley A.N., Troeger W.W. and Smith S.J., 1991. The Measurement of bioavailable phosphorus in agricultural runoff. J. Environ. Qual., 20, 235–238. [CrossRef]
- Singh V., Dhillon N. and Brar B., 2006. Influence of long-term use of fertilizers and farmyard manure on the adsorption-desorption behaviour and bioavailability of phosphorus in soils. Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosys., 75, 67–78. [CrossRef]
- Stutter M.I. and Lumsdon D.G., 2008. Interactions of land use and dynamic river conditions on sorption equilibria between benthic sediments and river soluble reactive phosphorus concentrations. Water Res., 42, 4249–4260. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Subramaniam V. and Singh B.R., 1997. Phosphorus supplying capacity of heavily fertilized soils .1. Phosphorus adsorption characteristics and phosphorus fractionation. Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosys., 47, 115–122. [CrossRef]
- Tripathi K.P. and Praveen-Kumar, 2000. Phosphate adsorption in aridisols in relation to soil properties. Ann. Arid. Zone, 39, 131–135.
- Troitino F., Gil-Sotres F., Leiros M.C., Trasar-Cepeda C. and Seoane S., 2008. Effect of land use on some soil properties related to the risk of loss of soil phosphorus. Land Degrad. Dev., 19, 21–35. [CrossRef]
- Varinderpal-Singh, Dhillon N.S. and Brar B.S., 2006. Effect of incorporation of crop residues and organic manures on adsorption/desorption and bio-availability of phosphate. Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosys., 76, 95–108. [CrossRef]
- Wang X.M. and Hou Y.L., 2004. Effect of continuous vegetable cultivation on phosphorus levels of fluvo-aquic soils. Pedosphere, 14, 171–176.
- Xu M.Q., Cao H., Xie P., Deng D.G., Feng W.S. and Xu H., 2005. The temporal and spatial distribution, composition and abundance of Protozoa in Chaohu lake, China: Relationship with eutrophication. Eur. J. Protistol., 41, 183–192. [CrossRef]
- Zhang W., Faulkner J.W., Giri S.K., Geohring L.D. and Steenhuis T.S., 2010. Effect of soil reduction on phosphorus sorption of an organic-rich silt loam. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., 74, 240–249. [CrossRef]
- Zheng L.G., Liu G.J., Kang Y. and Yang R.K., 2010. Some potential hazardous trace elements contamination and their ecological risk in sediments of western Chaohu lake, China. Environ. Monit. Assess., 166, 379–386. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Zhou Y.Y., Song C.L., Cao X.Y., Li J.Q., Chen G.Y., Xia Z.Y. and Jiang P.H., 2008. Phosphorus fractions and alkaline phosphatase activity in sediments of a large eutrophic Chinese, lake (lake Taihu). Hydrobiologia, 599, 119–125. [CrossRef]
Knowl. Managt. Aquatic Ecosyst.
Number 403, 2011
|Number of page(s)||14|
|Published online||21 October 2011|